Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2006, 05:40 PM

Default Re: \'Roy Rounder\' -Who is he, and is his advice legit?

I somehow have been signed up for his news letter. His advice is usually correct except its just so obvious... if you riase pf and its checked to you, you should fire out a bet - called a continuation bet- to pretend you caught the flop!

You catch my drift...
Old 05-30-2006, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For a start, I never said DON'T read the book by this Roy Rounder character. I was just implying it seems a little strange how a guy is publishing it under a different name (does't exactly provide the most credibility to the work)

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda like 2+2 putting out that great poker book by Sylvester Suzuki. the well known poker tournament pro.

RZ
Old 05-30-2006, 07:29 PM

I did read his e-book along with some additional stuff on tournaments and psychology. He preaches aggressive style along with playing position. But the book is very basic and it does not cover even the most basic stuff like counting outs or pot odds. It only touches slightly on the topic of implied odds which are IMHO paramout to playing NLH. His hand examples are very simplistic. If you've ever read any theoretical stuff from 2+2, Rounder's book will definitely make you smile. It's like reading an introductory mid-school text on a subject you're trying to get your PhD in. The closest counterpart from 2+2 library I think is HoH I (I haven't read NLH T&P yet). Obviously, HoH I does a much more thorough and challenging treatment of the topics covered by the Rounder's book.

The best advise in the book I found was how to play low-level SNGs. But then again, STT forum has far more detailed articles on the subject.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you're looking at NL, there is Ed's new book, the three Harringtons, LGB, Kill Phil and good ol' TOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be painfully obvious after I ask but what is LGB?
Old 05-30-2006, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you're looking at NL, there is Ed's new book, the three Harringtons, LGB, Kill Phil and good ol' TOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be painfully obvious after I ask but what is LGB?

[/ QUOTE ]

NM, I figured it out
Old 05-31-2006, 05:23 AM

I perhaps but more into your reply than you intended, I was in a bad mood and might have read more into it than I should.

There has been many post of the sort though some more obvious than yours, If I finally steamed in the wrong place I do apologize.

Allthough I consider my point to be valid, it just needs another place to be stated.

And yeah Rowdy, that Suzuki book ... heh ... *Shaking my head*
Old 05-31-2006, 07:36 AM

terrible books? I haven't looked at them...
Old 05-31-2006, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I perhaps but more into your reply than you intended, I was in a bad mood and might have read more into it than I should.

There has been many post of the sort though some more obvious than yours, If I finally steamed in the wrong place I do apologize.

Allthough I consider my point to be valid, it just needs another place to be stated.

And yeah Rowdy, that Suzuki book ... heh ... *Shaking my head*

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Gelford.

I know what it's like getting a little steamed up, so hey no probs. I think sometimes with message boards, it can be difficult to explain what you really mean. Anyway, all's good and that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Regards,

PJS
Old 05-31-2006, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.nolimitholdemsecrets.com/ is his website... I signed up for his free online flyer. Since its free I think I can quote, but I'm not 100%. Keep me updating if I can.

I'm just curious if he's legit... I have an online book that a friend let me borrow that he wrote... I don't want to start reading it and take some bad advice...

Anyone know anything about this guy? Roy Rounder is not his real name he hasn't revealed it I don't think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is any indication that he or his advice is legit, but he's started writing small articles for Card Player, under the title "Shark Attack". I think he's been in the last two issues.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_maga...php?a_id=15445
Old 06-09-2006, 06:16 PM

Roy Rounder is an excellent internet marketer, but on the content of his ebook, software he sells, and customer service - ALL are insufficient to some degree.