Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 10:04 PM

Default FullTilt and PokerEdge.

A friend of mine came across the poker edge website and asked me if I knew about it. He thought it would be a good thing to have, he was planning in opening an account at FullTilt and had noticed that most of the presentation (video demos, screenshots, examples, etc...) of poker edge used FullTilt tables.

I advised him to write to FT support and ask about PE as I know that its use is forbidden at many sites and then I went to the PE website to have a look.

The site now offers some months of free software if you click on their banners to open an account at several sites, so besides triying to sell a product that will get you banned from most pokersites, having your account closed and your funds confiscated, the PE owner, whom we all know is a weasel of the worst kind is now also a no-rakeback affiliate. If you are stupid enough to click on his banners that is of course your problem... or is it?

A few hours after my friend has written to FT, he gets an answer. The FT email tells him that Poker Edge is indeed forbidden at FullTilt and that anyone caught using it will have his account closed and will be permanently banned from the poker site. Very nice FT !!! I'm happy to hear that you don't allow cheating software. Unfortunately I happen to know several players that use it and haven't been caught yet, so the next step is enforcing that excellent rule.

Now, to get back to the Poker Edge website, I have one more question:
It is obvious that the PE guy is a FT affiliate. FT is mentionned all over the site and used to attract customers.
So my question is: Shouldn't FT terminate this guy's affiliate bussiness as he uses FT to promote and sell a product that is forbidden to use at FT ?

Perhaps one of the FT guys that post in these forums can comment on this?

Thx
Old 08-07-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Re: FullTilt and PokerEdge.

Since you know whats going on maybe you should e-mail F T and let them know whats going on.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:51 AM

What a great rule. I say if someone is dumb enough to buy poker edge when you can data-mine 16 tables, they just let them.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:08 PM

Great point, I agree that FT should terminate his affiliate status right away. I also think that they should investigate every account that has signed up with him since they are very likely to be using the software while they play. I'm not entirely sure why the software is such an outrageous advantage, but it's kind of the principal of the thing.