Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Rio running a River of Dream\'s package 2 win a 10k seat 2 the WSOP

damn, great deal but sunday and monday night?? that's tough for people that actually have a job. =)

anyone know of good deals for fri/sat nights that same weekend? what about airfare? i would be flying from the bay area (oakland or SF).

thanks!
Old 06-21-2007, 03:16 PM

Okay, I just heard from them, and got more information.

1) This tournament is only open to Harrah's Rewards members, so if you don't have a Harrah's Rewards card, you need to stop at the Rewards desk at the Rio before you register for the event to get a Harrah's Rewards card.

2) Registration will be held on Sunday July 1st, between 4 and 8pm local time. The Event itself will start on Monday July 2nd, at 11 am local time.

3) Number Seats awarded. 1 seat for every 200 players in the event (note, the person I spoke with said they are getting a huge response to the package (gee, I wonder why [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ), is the reason why they are expanding the prizes).

Best part guys ... if you win ... you can take the WSOP ME seat or ... they are offering Cash option too! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Link here again for anyone who wants to sign up (there is still time and the package is still open):

https://www.harrahs.com/MakeReservat...kageCode=IRIVR
Old 06-21-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Best part guys ... if you win ... you can take the WSOP ME seat or ... they are offering Cash option too! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm trusting anonymous internet person for my travel plans instead of actually doing my own research. I hope this works. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm trusting anonymous internet person for my travel plans instead of actually doing my own research. I hope this works. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be skerd, she hasn't been wrong yet.

Thanks Cinci
Old 06-21-2007, 07:20 PM

ME buyin or CASH!! OMG, now I'm going to have to take this seriously. I was just planning on donking out so as to not cut into my cash game time. Doh!
Old 06-21-2007, 11:20 PM

So you're getting $30 off what it would normally cost plus entrance into a 1 in 200 tourny into the crud that Harrah's puttin out this year..

I fail to see the deal here

Bah
Old 06-21-2007, 11:37 PM

the deal is you're getting a discounted room rate and a free entrance into a tourny that is optioning cash as the prize for 1 in every so it can be chopped which makes the offer even more enticing..

Count me in
Old 06-22-2007, 01:03 AM

Sweet, so glad that they extended this package. My birthday is July 2nd, so hoping for some luck from that.

The only thing that sucks is that I will be going to a wedding June 30 and then have to drive 10 hours on July 1st and get there before 8 to register for the tourney, should be interesting.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you're getting $30 off what it would normally cost plus entrance into a 1 in 200 tourny into the crud that Harrah's puttin out this year..

I fail to see the deal here

Bah

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're actually registered for a scheduled WSOP event, the price of the room is (normally) somewhere north of 200 bucks a night at the Rio.

200 bucks time 4 nights = $800 normal room rate without package.

With package 4 nights = $391 bucks.

$800 minus $391 = $409 saved, plus a chance to win either a WSOP ME seat or take the cash option.

Sounds like a really sweet deal, if you ask me.

[ QUOTE ]
the deal is you're getting a discounted room rate and a free entrance into a tourny that is optioning cash as the prize for 1 in every so it can be chopped which makes the offer even more enticing..

Count me in

[/ QUOTE ]

Use caution on the Chop aspect, because while the lady I spoke with told me verbally over the phone, that there would be a cash option to the WSOP ME Seat(s) for the winner(s), I never thought to ask if chops would be allowed or not.

This as some events I've played in at Harrah's properties won't allow for the chop, so be aware of that.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet, so glad that they extended this package. My birthday is July 2nd, so hoping for some luck from that.

The only thing that sucks is that I will be going to a wedding June 30 and then have to drive 10 hours on July 1st and get there before 8 to register for the tourney, should be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't happen to live in the Denver area, do you?

I'm doing the same thing driving down from Denver (and while I've not done it before, I hear it's about a 10 hr drive), but I'll be driving down on Friday, June 29th and staying elsewhere the first few nights.