Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Big draw, Big pot, Big e-penis

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.15/$0.30 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $22.05
BB: $25.60
UTG: $14.70
CO: $58.10
Hero (BTN): $62.65

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is 30/13/1.33 - a bit too loose and passive. Seems to wait for a hand before he commits much chips, though I did see him raise and call a 3b from a shortstack with J7s. We've tangled a bit preflop, but nothing has gone to showdown. I've been fairly active and aggressive.

On to the hand: This deep preflop is standard. Some you might argue for a 3b, but I think calling is fine too. Flop is perfect, so I raise. Villain calls after a little think. When he checks turn I am pretty sure he has top pair, but maybe not the best of kickers. He might also have a flushdraw some of the time.

I instashove turn. I have about 36% equity against top pair I think. I usually tell people not to semibluff the turn but I did it anyway.

Terrible? Should I have taken the free card? Bet normally?</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.30, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.35</font>, Hero calls $1.35, 3 folds

Flop: ($3.45) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $3.45</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.00</font>, CO calls $5.55

Turn: ($21.45) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $52.30</font>
Old 07-13-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Big draw, Big pot, Big e-penis

Well you already know shoving this turn against a stationy player is bad. I don't think it's terrible if you have a bit more of a read on him postflop- how often he has a FD, how often he'll fold AJ/AQ- but with given info it seems pretty bad. Also your flop raise is too small- even more so deep- make it at least 15. Much better to overbet the flop than the turn here.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Much better to overbet the flop than the turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hear ya.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:19 AM

I don't like this too much either, we could be up against a set here in which case, he might be waiting to check raise us on turn and hoping to get most of the chips committed, which means we're probably going to have to hit one of our 5 card hands to win, because if he calls I doubt hitting another 5 or 7 will help us.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:23 AM

I take a free card here. The board hasn't changed at all, and I don't think villains gonna fold an ace.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:32 AM
 is offline

I would have bet flop a little bigger.

Take the free card. It`s unlikely that villain is holding a set here, but against this type of players it`s not impossible, since they don`t always play logical. So you might have a ton of dirty outs. I had a similar hand against same type of player and he filled up on river. I said nh and asked him if he wasn`t concerned about the flush draw ;(

I like your line against a TAG tho.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:52 AM

Like others have said, raise flop more, $12-$14ish.
On the turn I take the free card. This looks like a big ace and IME, if they call flop there with it, they're calling turn, forcing you into a triple barrel decision if river bricks. We also have 20 outs against a big ace, and when we check turn, he'll have a harder time folding to a reasonable value bet when we do hit.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:54 AM

Yeah, I know I played it bad, was a bit tilted at the time.
I should have bet more on flop, and checked turn.