Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Brag/beat: Got to sit next to this guy at the WSOP

I played in a couple of events this past weekend at the WSOP, including Saturday's huge $1500 NL. My starting table looked super soft -- only guys I recognized were Bolivia Moncada and a Chinese guy from the Bellagio. There was a white dude to my left who was very excited to be there -- he said he had just turned 21 and would be playing a few of the events. The guy was quite entertaining to me. Why?

Example 1: Blinds 100/200. Dopey old white guy goes all-in in MP for 1300. He had been playing very tight for the last hour. 21 year old has 4K and insta-calls the bet. 21 year old says, "I know you got me" as the blinds fold. Dopey guy says "I think so" and turns over AA. 21 year old turns over AJ suited after calling 1/3 of his stack preflop in a small pot.

Example 2: Blinds 100/200. I forget the preflop action, but the dopey guy was in the blind and the 21 year old was in late position. The flop came KQ5 and the blind bet out and the 21 year old put dopey all-in for maybe 1K more. 21 year old says "Maybe you sucked out on me, but I have to go with this" and turns over AA; dopey has KJ. 21 year old starts yelling at the top of his lungs "Please don't kill me this time dealer!" (I hadn't seen 21 year old take a bad beat yet.) His hand holds up and he jumps out of his chair, starts pumping his fist saying "THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT!" Several of us at the table looked around to see where the cameras were, but we didn't see any.

Example 3: Blinds 100/200, four limpers, I complete in the SB with T7o, 21 year old checks the BB. Flop QT7 rainbow. I have 5K to start the hand and bet 700. 21 year old starts talking. "Wow, betting into all those people first to act. That's really strong, and I have a big hand." I'm thinking "Shut up, asshat, there are 4 people left to act behind you", but just stare at the board. He hems and haws for about 45 seconds before mucking. The first or second limper, an aggro Chinese guy, immediately pushes all-in, which would make it 1900 more for me to call. Everyone folds and I call. He has QhJh. OK, cool, I'm looking at a huge stack here if I win this now. Turn is a small heart giving him a flush draw, and the river is a black J giving him two pair. 21 year old then goes absolutely apeshit. "You made me fold the best hand! I had 89 and was going to call you if there weren't other people behind me!" He then turns to the guy next to him and goes on about how he knew I was bluffing and that he couldn't believe he would fold the winner to me.

Brag: Had a very soft table at the WSOP.
Beat: Didn't get very many of 21 year old's chips and busted less than 4 hours in.
Variance: I'm 29 and look younger than he did.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Brag/beat: Got to sit next to this guy at the WSOP

[ QUOTE ]

Variance: I'm 29 and look younger than he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy this.....
Old 06-07-2007, 03:21 PM

[x]thinly veiled bad beat post
Old 06-07-2007, 03:38 PM

I can just imagine that really skinny kid from 2006 WSOP ME who got the penalty for cursing at Jamie Golds table.

"THATS HOW YOU DO IT!!!"
Old 06-07-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can just imagine that really skinny kid from 2006 WSOP ME who got the penalty for cursing at Jamie Golds table.

"THATS HOW YOU DO IT!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric Molina. I have no idea why I remember his name, but he was a huge [censored] douche. Didn't he say something about wanting a last-longer bet with Gold when Gold was sitting there with a monster stack?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:06 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"THATS HOW YOU DO IT!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric Molina. I have no idea why I remember his name, but he was a huge [censored] douche. Didn't he say something about wanting a last-longer bet with Gold when Gold was sitting there with a monster stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this is wrong. He told Jamie Gold that he thought jamie was going to fold and that if he was going to he might as well hurry up. At this point jamie asked the kid if he wanted a ll bet, and the kid didnt respond. Also, they both had pretty monster stacks at that point iirc.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:35 PM

I think I was at that table. Do you remember a bald guy on Moncada's left? I think I remember that kid too--he might've been the guy who bet out of turn HU (which I wish I had noticed before I bet) when I rivered quad 9s.