Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Get your n00b out, uNL--Volume 2

Is it possible to get rid of the * next to my name? I got it on my very first post by posting in OOT.

<font color="green"> Done. OOT no longer uses the star system so all users have to do is ask a mod and it can be removed and you are put back into the default title system. </font>
Old 10-25-2007, 06:04 PM

Does DUYC = Do You See Why?

<font color="orange"> DUCY= do you see why</font>
Old 10-25-2007, 06:26 PM

Clarifying my earlier question about dealing with mini-bets, I'll post an example and ask whether you guys feel just calling the mini-bet vs raising is appropriate:

UTG: $7
Hero (BTN): $16.40
SB: $8.35
BB: $1.75

Pre-Flop: 2 2 dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.75</font>

Now what if UTG only had $3 stacks? What if there was another player left to act, or another player that has already acted?

I suppose my question is what default line does one use to play against minibets vs shortstacks when your hand can't get implied odds?

Crovax

<font color="green">It's kind of a convoluted question again. But here goes. First, you can fold small pp's you know. Yup, you can.

Next, with the $7 stack I am calling 22 all day and playing no set no bet at NL10. With a $3 stack the only one in before me, I'd consider folding 22 pf.

There's some controversy as to what the exact stack sizes you should be looking at with the small pp's. Some people say 7:1 which is wrong and too low. Dbitel "proved" it should be 17:1, which seems a tad high to me. 15:1 or so is maybe a decent stack to bet ratio estimate. So, you have to call $0.20 vs a $3 stack which is right at 15:1. It's probably OK with the potential for one of the blinds maybe coming along. But it's really meh.

</font>
Old 10-25-2007, 06:30 PM

wtf....no answer for my variance question guys??? i see you worked around me....

<font color="red">Here's the old saying: "Its not a downswing if you're a losing player". There is no set time period that denotes when its "no longer a downswing" but Id be taking a pretty good look at your play if I were you.</font>

<font color="green">lol white. I didn't know the longest documented downswing, so I just left it for another mod to answer. CUT US SOME SLACK MAN. </font> [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 06:36 PM

How much different should range be from cutoff relative to button? If the button player is tight, play looser... if they are loose, tighten up?

<font color="red"> Thats a pretty open ended question. It depends on a lot of things, and not just the button/blinds but the rest of the table. Typically, my button range is about one or two percentage points more than the cutoff range, but as I said, it really depends.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:23 PM

I'm a slightly winning player at NL50. Is CR worth the bux? 100$ for the signup fee seems like a lot...

<font color="orange">it's definitely a nice thing to help. I would recommend it. </font>
Old 10-25-2007, 07:59 PM

how do I make a graph of my results in PT?

<font color="green">Well, you could see a graph posted, notice that the name of the program is on the graph and then use google to find the program. Which is what I just did to find you this link: </font>

Poker Grapher
Old 10-25-2007, 08:02 PM

lol this thread is awesome
Old 10-25-2007, 09:05 PM

Where can I find a legend for all the poker tracker shorthand?
Stuff like VP$IP, for example. I know what this particular one means, but I'm not sure what they all mean, and it's tough to utilize pt without knowing them.
Thanks
Old 10-25-2007, 09:12 PM

I think the jargon dictionary is in the SSNL master sticky, lemme get you a link.

Edit: Here ya go

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=5988672
Closed Thread