Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Ultimate Team Poker Championship

Ok, so the credit here has to come from a post I saw on Cardplayer's forums, but everyone knows we do it bigger and better here on 2+2. So I am proposing that we have a team championship of poker. We'd play 12 or so private tournys over the course of a few weeks or a month (whenever the most people could play). The way I have it working in my head is that it will be teams of 4 or 5, but only the top 2 finishers for your team will count for points no matter where they finish. That way, if only 2 teammates can play at the time an event is scheduled, it won't neccessarily hurt you. You'll just be at a disadvantage for that one tourny. I'd like to have the schedule set up something like this:

NL Holdem
PL Omaha
Limit Stud
Limit Holdem
NL Holdem
Limit Omaha 8/b
PL HA
Limit Razz
NL Holdem
Limit Stud 8/b
HORSE
NL Holdem (Main event, worth double points, double the already deep stacks)

These would be private tournaments, probably on Full Tilt Poker, with double stacks for the non-limit events (and HORSE) and a super stack for the main event. Although we would be paying for the entry into the team competition, I think it would be a good idea to have a $5 or so buy in for each individual event as well that way there is additional incentive to show up and play well.

For points we could do (remember, only the 2 on your team that finish highest will get points):
( #ENTRANTS / PLACE FINISHED ) ^ .9

I say the best way to do this is make it teams of 5, $20-40 a person so $100-200 a team; try to shoot for 20 or so teams. Let's brainstorm a little bit here. Who is interested? Who has ideas/thoughts to improve this?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Ultimate Team Poker Championship

Is this something that you guys arn't interested in at all? I guess I thought I'd get a lot more of a response than I'm getting. Any thoughts why?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Ultimate Team Poker Championship

That sounds like a ton of work and zero value. I think that's why your not getting any love.