Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2006, 08:19 PM

Default SSH Hand charts and VPIP/PFR

If this has been asked before forgive me (and link me, please), but I couldn't find it on search.

If you play exactly by the book what will your VPIP and PFR numbers look like if you follow the tight hand requirements? How about the loose hand requirements?

Of course how your opponents play will greatly affect it, so I assume to do the calculations you'd have to assume your opponents are also playing by the book. So lets rephrase. At a 10 handed table, where everyone is playing exactly by the book, they'll all have the same stats (eventually), and those stats will be what?

I figure someone out there has to have done at least an approximation of this before. If not I guess I'll have to try it myself.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:42 AM

Default Re: SSH Hand charts and VPIP/PFR

I don't really worry much about this kind of thing any more and I haven't looked at it under the conditions you specify, but assuming no raise before it comes to you, your sf% would be ~27%.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:28 AM

I wouldn't say I worry about it either, but the question came up in conversation the other day and I was hoping someone had ran the numbers. Is that 27% estimate with the loose chart or the tight chart?
Old 08-30-2006, 11:49 AM

I play between 15-18 VPIP, and that's considered tight. Knowing this I would say anything above 22 is one of 2 things, semi-loose/tight, or you think you're playing tight, but you're leaking from EP. If you are at 27, and change to play position, it'll change quickly to about 20.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:03 PM

download pokerstove
you can select all the hands you want and it shows you what % of total hands they represent
Old 08-30-2006, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
download pokerstove
you can select all the hands you want and it shows you what % of total hands they represent

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, but the chart varies by position, and by the action in front of you, so pokerstove won't answer the question quickly. It will be very helpful in speeding up the calculations though. I'm realizing this actually works out to be a pretty complicated probability question.

I figure you'd start by figuring out the VPIP and PFR range UTG (which would be easy), then assume someone in front of you had those stats, and calculate your percentages from UTG+1, weighted by how likely it is you're facing a raise or not. Then move on to UTG+2, etcetera. It would be pretty complex by late positions though. On the other hand you would end up with numbers from each position.

I don't advocate playing by the charts to the letter, but I am interested to know what your VPIP would be from, say, MP2, if you did, and all your opponents did as well. It would be one more interesting baseline to compare my actual play to.

If noone else has taken up the challenge within the next couple of days then I guess I will, but considering how much time people put into COMPLETELY useless probability calculations on this board, I assumed there'd be someone here who'd jump at this complex, interesting, and only MOSTLY useless probability calulation [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't say I worry about it either, but the question came up in conversation the other day and I was hoping someone had ran the numbers. Is that 27% estimate with the loose chart or the tight chart?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's saw flop percentage using the tight chart, assuming no raise in front.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play between 15-18 VPIP, and that's considered tight. Knowing this I would say anything above 22 is one of 2 things, semi-loose/tight, or you think you're playing tight, but you're leaking from EP. If you are at 27, and change to play position, it'll change quickly to about 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 27% is saw flop percentage, not vp$ip. Assuming no raise in front, it would be 17% vp$ip because you see the flop for free in the big blind and this doesn't count as vp$ip.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:41 AM

VPIP 15-20
PFR 7-10
VPIPSmall Blind 25-35
Attempt to Steal Blinds 35-39
Went to Showdown 28-32
W$when Saw Flop 28-32
W$at Showdown 50-58
Fold to River Bet 40-55
Aggression Factor 2-3
CheckRaise % - 1-2
Win Rate $0+/100 Hands
SD/100 hands 14-18

Hope this helps. I got this a long time ago and used it for micro-limits hold'em.

Tight hand requirements here. I think the loose are too loose.

Link to Micro-limits FAQ