Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Loose Home Game Flopped Straight

[ QUOTE ]
That way i don't always go broke if i get sucked out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have bigger things to worry about imo
Old 11-01-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This might be more like a tournament type play, but what is wrong with letting a card come off before putting all my money in the pot. I put one of them on a set or two pair, if i push flop i get called and sucked out on. I know its +EV but so is waiting till the turn and then pushing if a safer card hits. That way i don't always go broke if i get sucked out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

because an 8 or K comes off and that kills your action from a set/2pr. and J9/JT/JQ are more likely to gamble esp in a live game if you stick it in on the flop since they have "TWO MORE CARDS ZOMG!!!11!!one!!"

[/ QUOTE ]
The K isn't really isn't going to be that scary because the straight won't be as obvious, i still feel like he's calling a push if a king comes on the turn. If i put him on a hand like Q10 then he has 4 outs to improve on the turn before i push and 4 8s to MAYBE fold. So lets give him 8 outs not to call my push on the turn. I don't see why its such a horrible play to just call the flop.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like What? Thats not a very useful response.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like What? Thats not a very useful response.

[/ QUOTE ]

come on dude - i only read your title and i know what to do

LOOSE GAME - YOU HAVE STRAIGHT - BUILD THE POT - DO NOT FOLD - ASK YOUR MOM WHEN SHE GOT YOU A LOBOTOMY
Old 11-01-2007, 02:40 AM

seriously, if you put them on set/2-pair, raise flop and it's not close, they aren't folding and you get all their monies most of the time...8 or K on turn is scary, 4 to a straight on the board...and then you're fold on the turn was pretty bad too, you would have to have a sick read to fold that by putting them solely on a boat and since you're not that deep it's pretty bad
Old 11-01-2007, 03:12 AM

OK, thanks for the constructive comments. For the rest of you, you really don't have to be such dicks all the time. Just because you want to feel like you're good at poker doesn't mean you have to rail on someone that has a question. Don't call me stupid and say i'm not deep because i haven't posted as much as you. For what its worth my first instinct was to shove on the turn but i thought the guy looked way too confident and went more with a physical read when i folded than anything else. He ended up having Q10. I was really more concerned with whether its profitable to let a card come off on the flop and maybe save some money vs pushing the flop and possibly losing out on the UTG+1.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, thanks for the constructive comments. For the rest of you, you really don't have to be such dicks all the time. Just because you want to feel like you're good at poker doesn't mean you have to rail on someone that has a question. Don't call me stupid and say i'm not deep because i haven't posted as much as you. For what its worth my first instinct was to shove on the turn but i thought the guy looked way too confident and went more with a physical read when i folded than anything else. He ended up having Q10. I was really more concerned with whether its profitable to let a card come off on the flop and maybe save some money vs pushing the flop and possibly losing out on the UTG+1.

[/ QUOTE ]

and they told you. some nicely, some not so.
quit bitching.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey stupid raise flop, raise turn and stop whining when you dont hear what you want to hear.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:16 AM

Flop call is slightly bad. Turn fold is incredibly bad.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry to have hurt your feelings [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]