Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Quit poker? Life? (Graph Included)

Last night I played around 2,000 hands of NL50, and was disgusted enough by the amount of ridiculous suckouts that I was determined to get PokerEv up and working to somehow console myself. I had never been able to get it to work before (I needed to run it as administrator apparently). Anyway, after looking at the debacle of last night I took a look at my entire database since moving to Full Tilt. This graph makes me want to puke. My question though is this - should this actually encourage me, or is this program just damn lies and statistics. Should I really be up $1200 instead of down $800. Is this standard, disgusting, or what? I don't think I'm this terrible. This is so discouraging. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Quit poker? Life? (Graph Included)

Wait... your showdown winnings and Sklansky bucks are like the same, right? (~$100 difference there)

You're not running bad.

Am I not understanding EV graphs?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:13 PM

Not sure I wouldn't have killed something before this. Looks like the non all-in/non showdown hands are your problem, but I will defer to others who know how to interpret this graph better.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:15 PM

Looks similar to my graph at 32,000 hands. I predict you will run good for awhile and then variance will treat you to situations that feel like you should be good when in fact you are getting your money in dead.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:15 PM

i could tell you more about your game from a urine sample than from one of these ridiculous pokerev graphs. they are THAT worthless and meaningless.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:19 PM

I don't know too much about these graphs (I think people put too much stock into them), but I thought the blue line is $ won at SD. Which like Kurt said is close to your sklansky bux, which I think means when you get all in you are running fine. Looks like you are loosing the money elsewhere? But I wouldn't worry too much about a graph. 32k hands is not that much. People here play that many hands every week.

Poker is gambling. People refuse to accept that. You can play perfectly and run bad for months. It's part of the game and it is frustrating as hell. If you feel you are taking more than your share of beats (I know I have felt that way) stick it out and keep playing solid poker. Eventually if you are playing good it will turn around.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:24 PM

The reason your showdown winnings are much higher than total winnings is because of the money you lose in blinds and folded hands - I think.
Perfectly natural.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:26 PM

losing 16+ buyins suggests to me your not a winning player at this limit move down. Your only down 2-3 buyins in sklansky bux.

Pokertracker stats would be better.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i could tell you more about your game from a urine sample than from one of these ridiculous pokerev graphs. they are THAT worthless and meaningless.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2007, 02:34 PM

I think they are actually useful, IMO I don't see the argument about how they aren't useful.

Check the box for all-ins before the river. What that does is give you the exact EV when u go all-in and tells you if you are running bad when you are getting your money in good.

Regardless of what you guys think, if you haven't changed your game and you aren't catching an abnormal amount of sets or big hands, then this is a very good indicator of why you might be in a bit of a downswing.

Or am I missing something about this program?