Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 02:52 PM

Default SWAT raid gone wrong.......

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2004-...afternoon/full

Reading stories like this, I lean more twords allowing people to carry guns. Like....REAL guns. Then again, what are you gonna do against the government? Doesn't matter if they are wrong or right, they've got you outmatched.....
Old 09-09-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: SWAT raid gone wrong.......

1)It's worth pointing out that this is a Joe Arpaio affair (that sheriff who hates illegal immigrants, makes inmates wear pink underwear and is just loved by a good chunk of the right wing.)

2)The guy had guns. In fact, the reason they stormed his house was because he was suspected of owning more guns than he actually had.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:13 PM

Yes, he did have two legal guns. But when I hear about this [censored], I want to allow people to defend themselves with rocket launchers and grenades. I can't believe that this kind of [censored] is allowed to fly at all in our country.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, he did have two legal guns. But when I hear about this [censored], I want to allow people to defend themselves with rocket launchers and grenades.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that's gonna solve the problem of overzealous SWAT teams run by "I'm tough on crime" redneck morons, especially when those morons are elected by ostensibly gun-friendly voters.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2)The guy had guns.

[/ QUOTE ]

What point are you trying to make?

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, the reason they stormed his house was because he was suspected of owning more guns than he actually had.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you own more guns than you own?

Also: what is the point you are trying to make?
Old 09-09-2007, 03:27 PM

I don't have to hear about this sort of thing before wanting to allow people to defend themselves by any means necessary. The law of survival trumps any manmade law -- not enough people understand that.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, he did have two legal guns. But when I hear about this [censored], I want to allow people to defend themselves with rocket launchers and grenades. I can't believe that this kind of [censored] is allowed to fly at all in our country.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this sentiment. This story makes me wonder if people should have greater legal recourse over recklessly conducted SWAT raids. Having more weapons in the hands of suspects is just going to make SWAT raids more violent, more dangerous, and easier to defend.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:06 PM

what i wonder, is what is the proper response to this happening to you? let's say you have any and all legal weapons available to you, and you've done nothing wrong or at least nothing to warrant this type of invasion.

surrender if you can do so safely, otherwise defend yourself?

my biggest problem with this is if they are so recklessly assaulting me and mine, why should i trust that they won't harm me if i surrender?
Old 09-09-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this sentiment. This story makes me wonder if people should have greater legal recourse over recklessly conducted SWAT raids. Having more weapons in the hands of suspects is just going to make SWAT raids more violent, more dangerous, and easier to defend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or perhaps the government wouldn't go busting around like this if the people could defend themselves. I can think of no justifiable reason for this to occur AT ALL.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what i wonder, is what is the proper response to this happening to you? let's say you have any and all legal weapons available to you, and you've done nothing wrong or at least nothing to warrant this type of invasion.

surrender if you can do so safely, otherwise defend yourself?

my biggest problem with this is if they are so recklessly assaulting me and mine, why should i trust that they won't harm me if i surrender?

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly wouldn't trust them to not harm me.