Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Los Angeles: Things To Do And Places To Go

There are probably good local joints that I don't know about, but there's a Hamburger Hamlet on Sepulveda and National that would be do-able from the airport. Also if more casual is OK I've heard good things about Ford's Filling Station in Culver City but I haven't been myself.

Ordering at the Palm is pretty easy which is part of the reason I like it. My standard is order is West Coast Gigi salad, bone in ribeye, half and half (fried potatoes and onions), creamed spinach, and sauteed mushrooms. Pretty hard to go wrong though.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:08 AM

Last month i ate at Peppone's in Brentwood.

The place was the bomb. Old school red leather godfather seats. Attentive service. Well-prepared food with stuff like "filet mignon meatballs" (that melted in your mouth)

But the main attraction is their winelist. They buy wine on release and then never change the price. I saw "Dominus- any vintage $89" They brought a 1990 and it rocked. Then tried a 1987 Mondavi Reserve cab for $69. There were probably a couple thousand wines to choose from, including some 1st and 2nd growth Bordeaux from good years and lots of Italians I had no clue about.

Check it out....
Old 12-01-2007, 04:37 PM

Can anyone recommend a good cheap place to get a haircut? In the general vicinity of LAX, but it doesn't need to be super close by any means.

Also, I'll be taking in LA for the first time this weekend. I've read a fair amount of this thread and will pick up the rest before I go.