Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: sorry and i\'m alive

By-Tor,
Or how about you dont know wtf you are talking about? How about that?

I dont care about the money. i dont want it from him at this point in time.

i care about his actions. i care that someone i spoke everyday for a period of two years on aim/googletalk/gmail/myspace/2p2 runs away without having the decency to say, "Hey, Im ok. Sorry Im not gonna be able to pay you back."

I was one of [censored] 's oldest friends. We met on a different poker forum (anyone remember United Poker Forum?) and I considered him as close a friend as I'm gonna make on here. I was seriously worried about him. I had actually wondered how I would react if I found out he had died.

I sent him emails, myspace messages, pms, etc to try to get in contact with him. Nothing. And then I find out that while I was trying to help him via coaching and staking he's also getting loans from other 2p2rs?!?! I'm supposed to think, oh, thats ok?

He deliberately (at least with me) kept me in the dark about things while I was transferring him money. And then, i guess, when his [censored] hit the fan he just ran out on it. That's bush league [censored].

Ive hit hard times before, both mentally and financially. But I was always 100% honest and straight up with any friends who have staked/loaned me. Its a common thing in this profession.

[censored] was not honest in his dealings and then ran away from them. And I'm supposed to brush it under the rug because he is "back"? No way. He knowingly scammed his friends out of money and then didnt even have the human decency to apologize or even admit it. i think it speaks volumes of his character and there is no way he should be a moderator of a gambling forum otherwise he will take advatage of that power again.

and as far as it being not much money... who are you to decide that? [censored] sure as hell didnt borrow from any ballers (except maybe vehn :P). i loaned [censored] $500 when i had like a $3k br playing 100nl. it didnt hurt me really, but im sure there have been some times when i could have used it.

sry if this is emo or confusing but im very pissed about the entire situation and especially with how people are responding to it.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
take your ball and go home

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-19-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
take your ball and go home

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had not considered that interpretation, but I suppose it's possible and would explain the rancor.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Community" my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

By-Tor is the Stephen Jackson of 2p2 Fantasy Leagues everywhere. Night in, night out, he's chugging along, filling up the stat sheet, and then all of a sudden he's firing a gun outside a strip club and you've lost the production for who knows how long.

tup, Euro, CMI, are there tempban-adjusted stats that take into account for these things?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Community" my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

By-Tor is the Stephen Jackson of 2p2 Fantasy Leagues everywhere. Night in, night out, he's chugging along, filling up the stat sheet, and then all of a sudden he's firing a gun outside a strip club and you've lost the production for who knows how long.

tup, Euro, CMI, are there tempban-adjusted stats that take into account for these things?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, well, lets start off with this goofball ordering. Tuq doesnt know when a season ends, and Euro is too busy stealing my idea for an avatar to know how to tie his shoelaces let alone help put together OOT prospectus.

Also, no, banned accounts dont get added into the main posters stats. This isnt baseball. If you're going to juice, we're not tainting our record books.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

OK, well, lets start off with this goofball ordering.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reverse-alphabetical LDO

I'm intrigued by an OOT Prospectus...
Old 10-19-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but as soon as the guy runs into a little hard times

[/ QUOTE ]

those that are upset with him appear so because he failed to communicate and/or intentionally miscommunicated, not because he ran into trouble or has not yet repaid his alleged debts. have you ever been boned on ebay? i find that poor communication bothers me much more than delays. i'm very glad to hear that he's okay, and i also think those grievances are perfectly valid if true. this is still a gambling forum, so subjects of loan and word are predictably subject to harsh criticism.

i would expect nothing less than a bad reception if i did something similar to what has been suggested. i doubt [censored] did, either.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, well, lets start off with this goofball ordering. Tuq doesnt know when a season ends, and Euro is too busy stealing my idea for an avatar to know how to tie his shoelaces let alone help put together OOT prospectus.

Also, no, banned accounts dont get added into the main posters stats. This isnt baseball. If you're going to juice, we're not tainting our record books.

[/ QUOTE ]

CMI, maybe you should be running a regression on Steve Nash's sweaty, maple leaf nutsack, you [censored] gayblade canuck lackwit.

It's laughable that you think you're a credible contributor to OOT Prospectus.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the 3+ years that I have been here, 99% of you have sucked on Jeremy's dick bending over backwards to tell him how great he was for this place and whatnot, but as soon as the guy runs into a little hard times, regardless of how he handled it, you [censored] treat him like his POTRIPPER or nos1nos2.

[/ QUOTE ]

By-Tor,

So basically you're saying "I know you guys are pissed about how he handled it, but put aside how he handled it, and you're overreacting!" No [censored], huh?

When this all went down, all he had to do was PM the people that were owed money with a simple "I apologize for my debt to you. My life is a real mess right now and I am going to be MIA for a while to sorts things out. I understand you might be upset, but there's little that can be done. I assure you that once I get my life straightened out, I will make things right."

In fact, if he was in money troubles, I'm sure he could have started a thread discussing it and probably his friends would have come to his aid, maybe even with some financial assistance, etc. That's not what happened though.

Sure, he is completely deserving of a second chance, and should be given the opportunity to make things right, but he still deserves to catch [censored] for how he handled it.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CMI, maybe you should be running a regression on Steve Nash's sweaty, maple leaf nutsack, you [censored] gayblade canuck lackwit.

It's laughable that you think you're a credible contributor to OOT Prospectus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I haven't posted much in the last ten months or so but goddamn, Euro is one funny [censored]!

This thread brings back some memories. Unfortunately it also brings tidings of things I'd rather not have seen. I always thought Jeremey was a good guy. I still do. Sometimes bad things happen to good people and they don't deal with it correctly. It's an easy thing to do. I think that Jeremy will repay his debts eventually and then all will be ok. He needs to be frank about his lack of communication however. That is the only way the people he wronged can forgive him.

I just hope this works out well.