Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 12:11 AM

Default Cop threatens kid, I call BS: thoughts?

I only watched ~3 minutes of this, but other than the fact that the cop flies off the handle awfully quick, ( which can happen), why the f does this guy happen to have a video camera running in his car?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Cop threatens kid, I call BS: thoughts?

Well, you didn't post a link, but I'll assume you're referring to the video posted on here quite a few times already. There's a news story going along with it that shows its real and states something along the lines of this kid and the city/cops having a long history of run ins and he has a camera running in his car now because he thinks situations like this will occur. Seems like he kind of sought this one out, wouldn't be surprised if he's constantly antagonizing the officials of this city. Not to condone the actions of the officer though.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, you didn't post a link, but I'll assume you're referring to the video posted on here quite a few times already. There's a news story going along with it that shows its real and states something along the lines of this kid and the city/cops having a long history of run ins and he has a camera running in his car now because he thinks situations like this will occur. Seems like he kind of sought this one out, wouldn't be surprised if he's constantly antagonizing the officials of this city. Not to condone the actions of the officer though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, crud, I'm retarded. It's a new post on break right now, made me think it was a new situation.

Link
Old 09-13-2007, 10:13 AM

Barring the very precious few who get into it for the "give back to the community" aspect, cops are power hungry [censored] who revel in their authority over you and get incredibly pissed when you don't cower in fear in front of them.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:38 AM

There was another thread about this video.

I too thought initially it was way too over the top to be real, but apparently it is.

I thought it was made by someone trying to make cops look bad, because the cop is such a stereotype of the "bully, power drunk fool" alot of people view all cops as.

As others have pointed out, apparently this kid and the cops have a long history which probably played a factor. The kid is probably a low class punk but the cops behavior is inexcusable.

Most cops are pretty decent, but [censored] like the one in the video cause huge PR disasters. I think he was suspended but he should have been fired, no way he's going to change.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I too thought initially it was way too over the top to be real, but apparently it is.

I thought it was made by someone trying to make cops look bad, because the cop is such a stereotype of the "bully, power drunk fool" alot of people view all cops as.

As others have pointed out, apparently this kid and the cops have a long history which probably played a factor. The kid is probably a low class punk but the cops behavior is inexcusable.

Most cops are pretty decent, but [censored] like the one in the video cause huge PR disasters. I think he was suspended but he should have been fired, no way he's going to change.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had to drive through St. George to get to school, I'd have a camera in my car as well. That police department is notoriously corrupt.

As far as the kid being "probably a low class punk", you have no intelligent basis to make that assumption. In fact he's a prelaw college student who is taking 19 credits and working part time as an independent contractor. That's not very low class or punk like if you ask me.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had to drive through St. George to get to school, I'd have a camera in my car as well. That police department is notoriously corrupt.

As far as the kid being "probably a low class punk", you have no intelligent basis to make that assumption. In fact he's a prelaw college student who is taking 19 credits and working part time as an independent contractor. That's not very low class or punk like if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, it sounds like there's a fair amount of info on this, where can I find it/where did you find it?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I'm aware, there was only one other interaction he had with the police, though there might've been more.

He was stopped at a DUI checkpoint, gave his license, and the officer asked him "where are you heading tonight." He responded by saying "I'd rather not discuss my personal life with you." they told him to get out of the car, an officer who couldn't drive a stick moved his car which the kid thought F'd his transmission, and they pretty much just detained him for a few minutes and asked him a few questions which he mostly declined to answer. he was mostly pissed about his car, so he talked to a sargeant there and complained for a min then took off.

he really didn't do anything wrong here either, but perhaps he has more history that i don't know of. I believe there is a video of teh above incident.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:01 PM

Here's an interview with the police chief where he defends the officer. wtf

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...35428840930544
Old 09-13-2007, 07:07 PM

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/st...BC?OpenDocument

Doesn't mention any other incidents other than a speeding ticket, which he thought he shouldn't have received, and that's why he put the camera in. I could have sworn I read an article about him having multiple run ins, I might have mistook it for something else. The article doesn't mention him having issues with a checkpoint or anything though.