Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Why did my friend get banned for this?

[ QUOTE ]
did you guys see the big sticky in all caps that warns people of multi-day bans for this crap? do you know how many of these posts i have to delete every day? apparently everybody on this site thinks OOT is the place you go when you have a dumb, lazy question and don't feel like going to google, travelocity, time out ny, expedia, yahoo, wikipedia, or any of the gazillion other websites on the interwebs to get an answer.

of course if i had moved this to the travel forum someone would show up (probably tuq) and complain that nobody will asnwer it there (which they won't) and i'm being unfair by not letting people use OOT for whatever inane crap pops into their head.

lol at jim kuhn saying word one to anybody about a bad ban. own up to your own ridiculous mistakes before you go criticizing anyone else. just like your last ban, you probably didn't even know that this is covered in the rules.

dynasty you can go get [censored] too, we all know how great a mod of OOT you turned out to be. OOT posters support this policy and anyone who doesn't like it can post somewhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

The big sticky in caps that says:

'IF YOU DON'T USUALLY POST HERE, DON'T'?

Is that how you welcome new users to www.twoplustwo.com? Is that sticky some kind of joke or something? If so, I must be missing the humor. What was actually wrong with the post in question? It was very well worded and could not have been answered via a google search.

It would have been MUCH easier to move that thread and check the 'leave a pointer box' with a message saying these types of posts should go to the travel forum. This would also help other users and alert them about the existence of the travel forum. How much time did it take to ban this user vs moving and linking with a pointer. It would have been much less of your time. I repeat this was a HORRIBLE BAN that could have easily been avoided. The poster in question had absolutely no associated notes in more than four years. This IS the type of ban that tends to give twoplustwo a bad name and drives away customers. This ban should be reversed asap along with an apology to the user.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 02:41 AM

NT,

the argument your using just doesn't wash here. yeah it's a lot of work to be a mod. if you can't handle it all, add more mods.

also, i didn't know that sticky said "if you don't usually post here, don't."

i think some of the mods here are losing sight of the overall goal. you have to ban problem users, not ones who don't necessarily fit into or understand the community yet.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

lol at jim kuhn saying word one to anybody about a bad ban. own up to your own ridiculous mistakes before you go criticizing anyone else. just like your last ban, you probably didn't even know that this is covered in the rules.

dynasty you can go get [censored] too, we all know how great a mod of OOT you turned out to be. OOT posters support this policy and anyone who doesn't like it can post somewhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

NT,

'Ridiculous mistakes'? I have made very many mistakes in my life and don't have problems admitting those mistakes. However, I still stand behind my one day suspension for the problematic user that was already banned multiple times for profanity utilizing 'sucka h sucka my dick y'all' for his location. If reds state that is ok anyone is welcome to change his location back.

You really should try to treat posters and fellow mods with more respect. I have no problem with the way you treat me but other mods deserve more respect. I know you don't care much for me but that does not bother me at all. I have utmost respect for 99% of the mods but you 'are the other 1%'.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome, leatherass.

If you look in his Profile, (click on his name; click on Edit this user), you'll see the mods' Notes section, that gives the reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the hijack but I don't have this power. Leatherass and I mod the new Coaching/Training forums - are there different levels of mod access or am I really dumb? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Leatherass, can you do what Mike Haven suggested?

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-23-2007, 04:22 AM

Sure you didn't miss it? Right next to send a PM ect. If not, that's probably something you should talk about with the reds.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome, leatherass.

If you look in his Profile, (click on his name; click on Edit this user), you'll see the mods' Notes section, that gives the reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the hijack but I don't have this power. Leatherass and I mod the new Coaching/Training forums - are there different levels of mod access or am I really dumb? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Leatherass, can you do what Mike Haven suggested?

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 10-23-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The big sticky in caps that says:

Is that how you welcome new users to www.twoplustwo.com?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea why Mat seems to interpret NT!'s tendency towards angry whining as being suggestive of maturity and good judgement.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:26 AM

NT!,

What you seem to be missing here is that this post wasn't "tell me exciting places to go in Puerto Rico", it was "suggest to me a place to travel to".

If the rules exist to bind us instead of serve us, we get bans like this one; a 4 year poster who's done nothing but post reasonably well in those 4 years gets banned for a post that's at worst on the fringe of the googletard rule. NYplayer was looking for other posters personal experiences of various vacation destinations. Yes, theoretically he could have used google but also perhaps he was looking to generate discussion on various different places to go to decide between them; something that is not nearly as easily googled as "recommend a hotel in Puerto Rico".

This ban is absolutely awful.

[ QUOTE ]

NT,

Dude downstairs pissing you off again?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-23-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Is that how you welcome new users to www.twoplustwo.com?

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, wtf???
Old 10-23-2007, 09:49 AM

I have no opinion on how NT should handle OOT, but why are people getting upset _now_?

Its been like that forever and NT has banned countless of other people for very simliar posts. Its his policy, its his forum and this discussion isnt new.

If we wanna bring it up once more I would say calm down everyone and try to take an objective view.