Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: $1 a hand

[ QUOTE ]
3bb/100 in 15-30 is .90 cents a hand. I think decent players made that in Party 15-30 circa 2003, for example. Those games were pretty juicy (or more so on Pacific or Bodog...), but going from Party 15-30 to live 15-30 was like going from Party 15-30 to Party 2-4. UTG raise, 6 cold callers, etc.

The online games have gotten much tougher of course, but live ones hardly at all, the little I've seen. So I would think that 5+bb/100 would be still be well within reach in a decent live 15-30 game. Not many hands per hour--but that's not what you asked, and it puts you well over $1 a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first sentence in my original post was "Making $1/hand at live poker is easy".

I do not believe that there are 3BB/100 winners in the typical 15/30s that run online. People can be really anal and only sit in exceptionally easy games it's possible, but it's not practical for anyone.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who cares. i hate u leatherass. u sir are teh ghey

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't u like him?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who cares. i hate u leatherass. u sir are teh ghey

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't u like him?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because he is teh ghey! But, seriously there seems to be some issues with him sitting in on HU games uninvited or something.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
roba,

are the games at noble poker very good? how often does the $10/20 run?

[/ QUOTE ]

The games were amazing like 6-7 months ago, I don't play there anymore but I've been told they have got a bit tougher recently but still softer than Stars and FT. Although if you are from USA you cant play there anyway :/
Old 07-17-2007, 03:41 AM

oh yeah you didn't say 40-80 for live.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
leatherass,

quit sitting in on games when both players ask you nicely to let them play hu.

Also, based on your latest blog posts, I hope for your sake you don't come crashing down to reality anytime soon.

gl

[/ QUOTE ]

I disabled my chat as well as the chat of others. So I had no clue about this.

Time will tell whether or not I am running well or that I will go "back to reality." I'll say one thing though. I have been "running well" for over 250k hands now. As Ben Hogan used to say, "The more I practice the luckier I get." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No disrespect intended. I think you're a tough opponent and a good player, but IMHO there are much tougher, much better players than yourself with MUCH lower winrates than the 8ptbb you're talking about in the blog.

The reality comment is aimed toward the fact that you sound a lot like myself a few months back, til i was brought back to reality with 3 very rough months in a row. Like I said above, I hope it doesn't happen to you anytime soon.

As for the HU thing, when both players are sitting alone at a 10 handed table, then when you come they both instantly sit out, that should provide you some idea that they want the table to themselves.