Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Congrats to tuq!

[ QUOTE ]

that way i can move on to more important issues like why Tarkovsky is superior to Tarrantino.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, 'Star Wars: Clone Wars' was a great animated feature, but saying he's better than Tarantino is stretching it...
Old 08-22-2007, 08:40 AM

looks like some people are in desperate need of a wardrobe adjustment...

Old 08-22-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Blarg,

OK, whatever, pryor is right, no need to rehash old arguments.

Anyway, my main point is simply that tup is cool and Mat loves the Lounge, so I think you are getting worked up about nothing.

Having said that, I do agree that the communication could have been smoother.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems communication between Mat and the mods of this forum was fine. Why in the world does Mat need to smoothly communicate with two easily rankled posters? Because they'll complain if they don't approve? Isn't that what ATF is for? The childishness exhibited here by those posters is borderline ludicrous.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:45 AM

Old 08-22-2007, 12:02 PM

tuq, there is also a poster called "tup" too, right? Is that you too? If not, why can't people distinguish between a 'q' and a 'p'?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:36 PM

TomE, thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

SL, once upon a time Mike Haven thought it would be funny if he changed my username to "tup" based off of other posters frequently botching it (usually with "tug"). He did so with the stipulation that I could change it back upon my request. This may seem odd coming from me but after awhile I thought it a bit attention whorish and requested a change back (nothing against Mike, just that it became a distraction IMO). At the time I was tup a mod also added the undertitle "aware" to create the awesome combo of tup + aware = tupaware, and nath gave me the perfect avatar.

So I guess it's just a running joke that tu + most letters = me. I've been called a lot worse so whatever. Hope this helps.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

TLDR has 3 times the threads because it was started before EDGF. My impression of both forums is that EDGF is currently busier (e.g., it has more people currently viewing than does TLDR).

That's not to say I'm in favor EDGF or TLDR. I post in both and am neutral.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been around for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]
My recollection is a little hazy. I remember it like this:

* OOT was getting too busy, so it was split, eventually giving us TLDR and LOL (maybe POG started around the same time?)

* Then all sorts of forums started popping up. We had the forum that was supposed to change every month. But some topics eventually became permanent forums (Travel, Gym, Video Games, etc.)

* EDGF came somewhere in between. Sometime after TLDR, but possibly not that much later. I think Student Life came to being around the same time also.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:48 PM

gus, this forum was created >1 year ago IIRC (easy to simply do a search I'm sure, but I think it was ~July 2006). El D was created earlier this year, if memory serves me. So a pretty good gap in there.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Blarg,

OK, whatever, pryor is right, no need to rehash old arguments.

Anyway, my main point is simply that tup is cool and Mat loves the Lounge, so I think you are getting worked up about nothing.

Having said that, I do agree that the communication could have been smoother.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems communication between Mat and the mods of this forum was fine. Why in the world does Mat need to smoothly communicate with two easily rankled posters? Because they'll complain if they don't approve? Isn't that what ATF is for? The childishness exhibited here by those posters is borderline ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is your silly reading of what went on and your reasoning that is childish. Before attacking others, get your own house in order. If that's the best you can figure out what went on and why, you've made a non-contribution.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:09 PM

congrats, king tuq. ill be dragging my butt in here now.

oot bores me for the most part. i only read it for a few posters and now there's one less reason.