Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:57 PM

Default call on flop to raise on turn w top K pair, Q kicker?

Villian is very aggro pre and post flop.
26.7/22/2.35,2.0,1.5 after 2100hds

Ultimate Bet 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">HERO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, HERO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, HERO calls.

I'm pretty sure I'm ahead at this moment, my intention is to call on the flop and raise the turn if a safe card comes, so that I can trap him for double the bet size.

Turn: (4.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, HERO?

If it's not a fold on the turn, and the river is a blank, should I fold the river then?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: call on flop to raise on turn w top K pair, Q kicker?

This is most probably a leak of mine but I would call down and see what Villian is playing. I have a hard time folding TP but BB 3 bet range certainly has an A in it but OTOH he has a high AF which my signal he likes to push people off their hands.

I don't like a raise here. Villain's bet may be a probe and will fold to a raise but if he has to goods, you get 3 bet which I don't like.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:27 PM

Novice thoughts: he is aggro enough that a flop c-bet may be automatic and neither one strongly implies that he has an Ace. The turn didn't change your situation (other than reducing the chance of hitting your queen). Seems like you might take a WA/WB line, calling the turn and calling or betting the river. The alternate is to raise if you think you get value for it. If so, what will you do if 3-bet? Seems like he's aggro enough to do so as a semi-bluff. So, playing chicken-**** I'd probably take the "one-bet-per-street" line.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:27 PM

The turn card sucks and I would probably fold but it is probably pretty close.

I don't raise the turn either if a brick had come off. You probably get more out of him by calling the turn and river or betting when checked to than you will by raising unless he is a donk that just can't fold a worse pocket pair here. Also when you raise a brick turn and he is ahead he is gonna take you to value town.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:52 PM

seanisright. folding is close, but i call down and see what's up.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:24 PM

I might be mixing up posters, but I believe this is now the the third hand this week that people have posted a hand when they simply called a flop c-bet, waiting to raise the turn and then they freeze when a scare card comes.

If you are constantly in these situations and don't know what to do, then just punish the maniac on the flop, raise the flop!

As played, you will have to call this down now, because you are getting 4-1 on your money (4BB in pot now, plus 4BB turn b/c, river b/c and you have to call 2BB) and BB might be betting big pocket pair. Don't give hom credit for the Ace immediatly, because of his high relatively PF VPIP and PFR percentages, but don't expect to be good here often.

*edit* By the way, the numbers are not maniac numbers, they are very close to a good LAGs .02/.04 numbers, as people constantly enter and leave at those levels and the game often goes shorthanded. With so poor post-flop play, sLAG (as his numbers are), are a good way to play these limits.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are constantly in these situations and don't know what to do, then just punish the maniac on the flop, raise the flop!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I was going to post. I feel that is your read is correct, in that he is super aggro and that you are ahead at this point - then get the money in now. I also feel like some people may say "if he has AQ and you raise the flop - then you chased off his bluff". If it IS AQ, then yeah, perhaps he will lay it down to your raise. But I think he can have 66-QQ/K9-KJ here as well. And those hands, I don't think you are scaring him off of with a raise. So, I think his range of hands that WILL call a raise (and you have beat), are bigger than his range of hands that will fold to your raise. If he caps the flop, then I think you can call down the Turn and River - since you do have some outs against AK and AA (maniacs do get legit hands sometimes). And if he has been seen to cap flops with air, then all the more reason to call down.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:18 PM

I'd probably just call down...
Old 11-10-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

*edit* By the way, the numbers are not maniac numbers, they are very close to a good LAGs .02/.04 numbers, as people constantly enter and leave at those levels and the game often goes shorthanded. With so poor post-flop play, sLAG (as his numbers are), are a good way to play these limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, bella. There are several regulars on these limits, that raises and caps a lot preflop, but folds more post flop if they never hit. This LAG play seems to be getting quite a lot of money in if they do hit their hand.

I've done a check on my PT stats, and in fact, I lose most to these players. Whenever they enter a pot preflop, they will almost always raise.

I've played 0.25/0.5 before, and such preflop plays almost never happens, hence had some difficulty in adjusting.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:43 AM

I would call down his 3bet range is enought big to make here money I think (88+,KQs+,AJs+,AQo)

Also A is scary card so he will almost always bet here giving your peel at flop.

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

2,244 games 0.005 secs 448,800 games/sec

Board: 5c 5d Ks Ac
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 53.498% 51.74% 01.76% 1161 39.50 { KdQs }
Hand 1: 46.502% 44.74% 01.76% 1004 39.50 { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AQo+ }