Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 04:41 AM

Default river line

schneids' new cr 50 vid he opens AJ in MP and is 3bet by button. he c/c 289 two diamond flop and then has a pretty obvious imo "i think i might want to bet" timing tell after the J turn and villain checks behind. river T schneids bets

obviously i can see results and everything but as soon as the T slid off i was thinking to myself "this is an easy c/f". i guess c/c is worse than b/f but they both seem pretty bad. thoughts?
Old 11-07-2007, 04:56 AM

Default Re: river line

I remember that hand. I think you are right and the best line is c/f, but I know I rarely can avoid putting in 1BB on the river with TPTK when the villain showed no strength after a flop c-bet.

The problem is the pot is so small, and pretty much anything that he would check on the turn, but bet on the river got there, and you probably aren't ever getting called by a worse hand. so betting the river looks like a bad play.

I think b/f might be the worst though since we don't even have a chance to induce a bluff for our 1BB. I think if you are going to put one in on the end at least try to pick off a bluff.

but I've never played higher than 10/20, and schneids is obviously a better player than me so maybe he has a reason for b/f the river.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:09 AM

Timing tells... There are timing tells online... I am missing so so much.

-Crazy Mike
Old 11-07-2007, 03:32 PM

dude whats up, how have you not come to LA to play with us yet?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:14 PM

wow HM i think c/c is the best line here. he checked behind with AK/AQ or a small pp right? I guess he might have A8s/A9s but I doubt he checks the turn with those plus they only account for 6 combos anyway.

I doubt he calls a bet with small PP or AK, but he might bluff with them... ppl bluff more than you would think in these spots online in my experience.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:20 PM

i honestly can't remember the last time someone turned a hand with "showdown value" into a bluff against me. that doesn't apply to AK or small pairs in this spot really but people still seem to treat them this way and gladly take the showdown (and never win). i guess this might be like a 15/30 vs 50/100 difference but i can't imagine anything other than c/f against anyone but a complete tard that either thinks AT is somehow worth a vbet here or is just mindlessly betting because we keep checking. even then i think i fold because the pot has been kept so small.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude whats up, how have you not come to LA to play with us yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well San Diego was on fire. I am buying a new home in Las Vegas. I do the "traval" thing. I will get up there after all this hectic "closing" stuff ends with my house and the builders give me a walk through. I miss you sean!!! =)

-Crazy Mike
Old 11-07-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that doesn't apply to AK or small pairs in this spot really but people still seem to treat them this way and gladly take the showdown (and never win).

[/ QUOTE ]
I think those make up a significant part of his range though, and i think there is a decent chance he does bluff with them. Obviously having a read would be better.

[ QUOTE ]
i guess this might be like a 15/30 vs 50/100 difference

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe so... I've played a decent amount of 30 online, but only a bit of 50 so I don't really know... but from my limited experience it seems the 50 games are even more aggro, though the better hand reading is an argument in your favor.

[ QUOTE ]
but i can't imagine anything other than c/f against anyone but a complete tard that either thinks AT is somehow worth a vbet here

[/ QUOTE ]
this doesn't actually seem that retarded to me, though it of course depends on your image. won't alot of ppl in your spot call with just a pair?

[ QUOTE ]
even then i think i fold because the pot has been kept so small.

[/ QUOTE ]

for the record i think c/f is my second choice....
Old 11-07-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
schneids' new cr 50 vid

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?
Old 11-07-2007, 07:56 PM

CardRunners