Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: french press coffee

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a pound of beans should cost you about 10 dollars, which is like 6 starbucks drip coffees.

You should definitely be able to get about 20 french press brews out of a pound of beans if you are using the proper amount of grinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm glad you read the OP so thoroughly

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf, you mentioned that buying coffee for a french press would be pricey. I posited that it's not.

Are you looking for suggestions on types of beans? Maybe you should try various ones until you find one you like, dickface.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:09 PM

Oddjob,

Thanks for the info. I'll have to give it a try. That is, after I disinfect that gay man's bialetti. And repaint the lavendar dining room.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:40 PM

There are different size french presses. buy a smaller one if you are brewing too much and wasting some.
Make sure to have them grind it (or do it yourself) specifically for the french press
Old 11-28-2007, 03:46 PM

Trader Joe's has a surprisingly good coffee for relatively cheap that you might be interested in trying.

It's whole bean, but with the purchase of a coffee grinder that isn't a problem.

Freshly ground is always best anyway.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:21 PM

I been using Trader Joe's organic Ethiopian blend with my french press. It's about $8 a can, I think. I have a cheap coffee grinder that I use and grind it fresh right before brewing, which I think does help. A can lasts about a week and half (one pot a day) and its some of the best coffee I've ever had imo. I'm far from a coffee snob, though.

I have a bialetti too, but it's a lot more hassle so I don't use it very often (and I'm a little disappointed in the strength of the espresso that it makes).
Old 11-28-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are different size french presses. buy a smaller one if you are brewing too much and wasting some.
Make sure to have them grind it (or do it yourself) specifically for the french press

[/ QUOTE ]

Or use less water and less beans.

If there's a reason this won't work, I'm not thinking of it.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a pound of beans should cost you about 10 dollars, which is like 6 starbucks drip coffees.

You should definitely be able to get about 20 french press brews out of a pound of beans if you are using the proper amount of grinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm glad you read the OP so thoroughly

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf, you mentioned that buying coffee for a french press would be pricey. I posited that it's not.

Are you looking for suggestions on types of beans? Maybe you should try various ones until you find one you like, dickface.

[/ QUOTE ]

or maybe i can ask people for their recommendations, instead of trying every possibility out there.

once again, great reading comprehension. try rereading the OP and what you responded with. i already state that i know it's cheaper to brew starbucks at home then buying a cup from starbucks.

i'm not even sure why i'm bothering. it's already apparent that you won't comprehend this as well, and just call me another name to make up for your lack of understanding.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trader Joe's has a surprisingly good coffee for relatively cheap that you might be interested in trying.

It's whole bean, but with the purchase of a coffee grinder that isn't a problem.

Freshly ground is always best anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hear trader joe's is awesome for this stuff. unfortunately none by me. thx though.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a bialetti too, but it's a lot more hassle so I don't use it very often (and I'm a little disappointed in the strength of the espresso that it makes).

[/ QUOTE ]

i find it to be quite easy and good.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:14 PM

Oddjob, all I was saying was that you can get coffee at Starbucks or at Trader Joes or at any local grocery store or at Costco. You can mail order it. For quality beans you're not going to get much cheaper than 10 dollars a pound. Maybe 8.

Now, in terms of which roast of bean, and which variety of bean you like, it's a matter of personal taste. I like darker brew so I stick with varieties of french roast, italian roast and espresso roast beans. You might want something lighter.