Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2007, 06:35 AM

Default River value spot

I asked a few people what they'd do here and got a different response from each one, what do you think?

25/50HU on UB (keep in mind it's a site with a pot button that people definitely overuse). My opponent is bad. He calls too much, chooses poor (small) bet sizes, doesn't make big bluffs, etc. That said he's not like totally braindead or anything, he's just not good. I haven't been caught doing anything too horrible but I have been reraising him nonstop.

He opens to $150 and I reraise to $600 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6000 stacks or so). I have reraised the past three consecutive hands I've had in the big blind and he's folded each time. This time he calls real quick

Flop 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot $1200)

My image is just so dumb and with the speed he called pre I think he's going to try to win the pot so I just check and give up. He checks behind.

Turn 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Pot $1200)

I checked again, he bet $600, and I called.

River 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img](Pot $2400)

like $4500 behind