Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you hate poker?
Yep. But I play it anyway. 78 56.12%
NO WTFbwafBbQ you sux 61 43.88%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: The Official NFL Draft Thread

Poz falls to Pats at 28, and Branch to the Bears?

Nice job to whoever predicted Branch falling.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:02 PM

yeah they got some sick value alright...2,3 and 5.

looks good to phi
Old 04-28-2007, 05:04 PM

as a huge browns fan and an ND hater...

i think this was a great deal for both teams. the boys get a high 2nd round pick and likely a high 1st round pick next year. but the browns don't just get a 22nd pick overall - almost all rankings had quinn as a top 5 prospect. some had him as better than russell, and in my personal opinion he will be better. the reason he fell so far is that those teams in the middle of the draft had much bigger needs (sans miami who [censored] up). i would've been pissed if the brownies had not taken thomas at 3, but given the opportunity that presented itself, to make a deal at 22 to get quinn instead of taking a qback next year who will have a year's less experience, i really like the move.

their o-line is much improved w/ thomas, the guard from the bengals, and hopefully a healthy lecharles bentley. they now have a possibly franchise qb (frye and anderson are NOT the answer). their D is still weak and they really should focus on picking dbacks 3rd round on, but all in all i favor the deal.

edit: not to mention the $$ factor
Old 04-28-2007, 05:04 PM

lol @ Dallas
Old 04-28-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
May not need a QB?

Frye and Anderson are god awful.

If you don't improve at all this year...your gonna have a coaching change..then you need to draft a QB. So its not that terrible a move given Quinn was viewed by most as a TOP 5-6 talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

This'll be my last post on this topic on this thread since its a draft thread and I'm sure there will be plenty of others to discuss the trade-
Last year Cleveland's running game was horrible, and they gave up 54 sacks. Frye was still able to show some improvement throughout the year, decent poise and decent accuracy despite having to consistently play in obvious pass play situations. There was enough there in my (and a fair number of people's including savage and crennel's) opinion that he could be a league average QB with an average line. On a team that finished 31st in offense and 27th on D last year they have a hundred holes without bailing on a guy who could actually contribute next year.

[ QUOTE ]
May not need a QB?

Frye and Anderson are god awful.

If you don't improve at all this year...your gonna have a coaching change..then you need to draft a QB. So its not that terrible a move given Quinn was viewed by most as a TOP 5-6 talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not just next years pick, they also gave up the 36th (35th? i forget) pick this year. They could have benefitted from a deep receiver class this year getting a guy who would go in the first in normal years in the 2nd (this is just my personal preference).

[ QUOTE ]
So its not that terrible a move given Quinn was viewed by most as a TOP 5-6 talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quinn clearly has a lot of question marks right now. If hes a top 5-6 talent why didn't one of the other teams who needs a QB take him/trade up for him earlier? I never thought he should have been considered top 5 in the draft given his performance against tough competition- this guy isn't a lock to be great or even good. Neither is the guy they could have taken, but again my biggest problem is in addition to next years pick this year they had a very high 2nd round pick in a deep draft, with many holes. Many many holes.

Also as a fan i'm [censored] sick of QB controversies, never fun to watch two guys, neither of whom are either ready or capable of starting, get argued over.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-28-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah they got some sick value alright...2,3 and 5.

looks good to phi

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, nevermind about my philly disdain earlier. lol at dallas. They really wanted a wr?
Old 04-28-2007, 05:07 PM

Quinn vs. OSU:
29/45, 286, 0, 0 The yards and comp% look good, but OSU was playing prevent the second half.

Quinn vs. LSU
15/35 148 2, 2

If he was losing these games 42-34 it would be one thing. But off the top of my head, he only played well in the USC game two years ago out of all the big games he's ever played in. I know suddenly everyone else on ND sucks and it's all their fault, but the mainstream media doesn't feel that way about the QBs they've decided they don't like who lose in big games.

omg, what a terrible pick.

[ QUOTE ]
and hopefully a healthy lecharles bentley

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to burst your bubble- but Bentley won't play this year.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
omg, what a terrible pick.

[/ QUOTE ]