Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Paging Sethypooh and other callboxes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why?

[/ QUOTE ]

cause if you're going to pay 2 bets, and you're probably behind anyway, you might as well give it a shot at folding a better hand. that ace is all yours, baby. it has to be better than your chance at having your better hand folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy could easily be me and I've just been passively defending my bb and overlimping more than usual in the last 80 hands.

Raise/folding 98 here against me is really dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, most people at the pokerstars 3/6 don't play like you, i assume as a default. i kind of assume i'm not getting bluff-3bet here. if they do, bless them, they folded the bottom of my range. they will get killed over my whole range.

danza, i never bet fold, except i don't like never doing anything. therefore i look for spots. this is perfect.

Abs: If someone wants to put in 3-bets here, I welcome them to do this against my range.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:36 PM

"danza, i never bet fold, except i don't like never doing anything. therefore i look for spots. this is perfect."

I didn't mean you. I meant him. If he bets and you raise i don't expect him to fold any better hand that yours. Even 9T.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"danza, i never bet fold, except i don't like never doing anything. therefore i look for spots. this is perfect."

I didn't mean you. I meant him. If he bets and you raise i don't expect him to fold any better hand that yours. Even 9T.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, ok. i guess i respect him. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 05:15 PM

The problem is at low limits i don't think an unknown can bet/fold a pair in this spot because they are usually fish.

And at higher limits the games are so aggro that 9x doesn't really make sense in his range.