Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Making over my new wardrobe

[ QUOTE ]
good site. more urban than your style but you might get some more ideas

[/ QUOTE ]

joke? Thats like the ugliest collection ive ever seen under one roof.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
take a girl with you shopping. not as a date but be like 'hey, my clothes suck, come to the mall on saturday with me help me pick out some good stuff'. ull get a new wardrobe and get to spend the afternoon gettin to know a cute chick. easy game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best suggestion so far.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some brands that have been mentioned in this thread that I can't help but say WTF? to:

Diesel - really?
Kenneth Cole - I guess if you want to pay $80 for shoes that look like they're worth $50 and are actually worth about $5.
Zara - No.
H&M - hahahha if you're a chick. See, chicks wear clothes once and throw them out.
Express - they actually sell men's clothes?

I'm sure there are more, but I'll be damned if there aren't some ridiculous recommendations here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with basically everything your saying except Diesel. They still make the best looking jeans and their sneakers are pretty sweet for a casual look

[/ QUOTE ]

If they make good stuff then it's all good. I had just never seen them as anything but a company that outfits rappers and gangsters (Juice, not Godfather), so I never acquired any of their stuff. Perhaps I'll pick up some pants and give them a test drive.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:44 PM

Daniel Bishop makes really nice polos. There's no logo on them and you can pick them up at TJMaxx for about $15.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For most people dress shirts are very much worth getting made to measure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate a bit on the made to measure? Can this be done through the internet, what price range are we talking?
Old 10-22-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For most people dress shirts are very much worth getting made to measure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate a bit on the made to measure? Can this be done through the internet, what price range are we talking?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you buy a custom tailored suit from a small firm, they will cut you a deal and custom tailor shirts from 25 to 50$.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:14 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is with the trend of selling super plain/lame looking stuff for like 4x the price of normal clothes?
Old 10-22-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is with the trend of selling super plain/lame looking stuff for like 4x the price of normal clothes?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.cmonwealth.com/shop2.php?...mp;gender=Mens

ya, thats odd, I think most of the stuff on that page you could find at big lots for about 5$
Old 10-23-2007, 05:19 AM

Heh Clayton just like in the Car thread I'm in the exact same boat as you here. I've recently started buying some more fashionable clothes and my experience is that the most important thing is to find what you feel comfortable in. There's no point buying something because someone tells you it looks good if you don't feel comfortable wearing it, or worse yet it just sits in your closest.

I used the taking a girl shopping idea and it worked ok, I got some clothes I was happy with but also ended up with some stuff I never wear. What worked better for me is going to a high-end store (Holt Renfrew in Canada...seems comparable to this Nordstroms but I don't really know American brands) and striking up a relationship with this cool older black guy who worked there. I ended up shopping with him several times when I'd go and he knew the kind of style I liked and could show me things he thought I'd be interested in. He could also give me general advice for things fashion related. It was a huge beat when I found out he got fired [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] But thats neither here nor there...

When I started I was lazy and pretty unknowledgable so I probably overpaid for really high-end brands when I could have found reasonable alternatives for less. Also buying out of season is the nuts, I found some great cashmere sweaters for 50% off because summer stock had to be cleared. I need some new Fall stuff but I hate the idea that if I wait til after winter is over I could get this stuff for so much cheaper [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 06:45 AM

All:

Thank you for continuing to contribute and making this thread good, I'm glad to see there are so many that are in similar situations.

To guide this thread in the correct direction, I'm going to spend a good hour or so tomorrow combing through the entire thread to establish a "game plan" of sorts that I will undertake when getting back from Niagara.

Comments on said plans will be greatly appreciated. I will try to cover every aspect of clothing and accessories that I will aim to look into or buy.

As The Daver correctly suggests, this isn't something where I can just buy a bunch of random crap. What I need to add to my overall wardrobe is going to have to all sorta mesh together.