Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Schneids is in \"The Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
What was the most important change you made or thing you learned as you progressed from 20/40 or 30/60 to 200/400+

[/ QUOTE ]

I learned to get more of an attacking attitude and not be afraid of looking dumb (such as the 97 hand I posted in here). Also, as you climb in stakes, people are more willing to put money in with nothing, so it was important to learn effective ways to counter that (where as in a $1/2 game, if the person bets twice on the K66J board, he probably has trip 6's, or a king, or a jack, and is not folding).
Old 07-31-2007, 06:20 PM

Note to all:

Keep the Q's coming, I had some unexpected things come up today and have had less time than I thought I would. Anyway, I will be answering more around midnight or a little later...

Note to James: can we keep this open an extra day, so that way I can answer the Q's and any follow ups that might come?
Old 07-31-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Note to James: can we keep this open an extra day, so that way I can answer the Q's and any follow ups that might come?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know man, it kind of clutters the forum and stuff. we already have a low content thread..........okay. i'm obviously kidding. hell yes we'll leave it open.

fwiw, when pokerbob did his well a couple weeks back, i think it was sunday before i locked it. as long as you're willing to answer, i'm leaving it unlocked.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:58 PM

* Why do you prefer limit to no-limit? It seems like a skilled player can make much more playing NL.

* What is the most over-rated/under-rated live tell?

* What is the most over-rated/under-rated online tell?

* Do you work on reducing the amount of live tells you give off, and if so, how? Also, if so, can you tell me about one of the tells you found out about yourself?

* When is it right to limp OTB huhu?

* Are your winrates consistent across different types of hold-em structures (1/2, 2/4, 3/6, 4/8)? If so, can you explain why?

Looking forward to responses.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:06 PM

hey schneids,

please describe when some important concepts clicked for you, preferably some stuff that I probably don't understand yet [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the coming years I also hope to travel and see a lot of the world, and gradually move away from using poker as a primary means of income.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you have in mind?

Hey man, thanks so much for all the strategy posts over the years. I really respect posters like you that take the time to explain concepts, thought processes, etc and don't just blurt out "RAISE ZOMG" over and over.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:13 AM

schneids,

thx for doing this.

1)when playing lhehu, what are the most important reads to get early?

2)what % of your hu postflop decisions are affected by how either opponent is running?

3)I've given up sslhe and have moved on to rebuild in nl land. Do you play hu nl? How do you see the evolution of that game going?

4)how do you identify and deal with bots?

thx!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:34 AM

make more videos for CR
Old 08-01-2007, 12:57 AM

coach me 1-1 limit?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i can't think of any questions but i'm a big fan. i watched you beat the [censored] out of neverwin for a few hours awhile back and it really made me proud to play limit and learn on 2p2.

bbbushu
Old 08-01-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you play any other games besides hold'em? If so, do you have any tips for picking up a second game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to learn others... I'm just going to learn by trial and error and I might hire a coach somewhere in the next few months.

[ QUOTE ]
Through your poker career, what things have you done to improve your play (i.e. review hands ect.)? Have you done anything that you feel is uncommon among 2p2'ers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've probably studied my own hands I've played vs common opponents, more often than most 2p2ers do...I don't think I've done anything specifically different, however.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you describe a couple of spots where you mix your play (i.e. 40% call 40% fold 10% raise) and why you mix your play in the way you do in those spots?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too situational and tough of a Q for me to think of anything on my feet... I just try to mix it up often enough whether I have a pair, a draw, or overcards -- often enough that it's not easy for my actions to necessarily mean something specific.

[ QUOTE ]
Could you explain a hand where you make a play (not based on a specific read) that most 2p2'ers would disagree with but you're sure is right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of these situations would probably involve specific reads; and if not that, then they were image plays done to help foster a specific (usually unbluffable) image.

[ QUOTE ]
What's the last improvement you made to your game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I started cold calling from the button in a few situations where I used to 3-bet or fold.

[ QUOTE ]

When you teach people how to play, what methods do you find most effective?

[/ QUOTE ]

Watching someone play and then talking through things as they're going, I think, is the most effective for creating actual growth.
Closed Thread