Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 07:13 AM

Default Re: ***Official July Fantasy Baseball Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
I give: Mauer, Verlander, Cabrera
I get: Benjie Molina, Chipper Jones,Jeff Franceour, Gil Meche, Oliver Perez

I don't know what to take of this. I lose a top 5 3B, top 3 C, and a #1 starter. I get something in return. Theres no way to make this trade right?

My other starters are Carmona, Zambrano, Buerhle, Harang, and Willis. My OF is Abreau, Bonds, Swisher, Cuddyer, and Delmon Young.

[/ QUOTE ]0

you are getting raped
Old 07-17-2007, 07:15 AM

Sorry for wasting your guys time. I just thought I was missing something when I looked at the trade. It looked shady but I was making sure that I wasn't mistaken. Thanks a lot.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:17 AM

basically he is offering you five guys that aren't as good as your three, and hoping you look at it and say, 'durrr five is more than three and LOOK CHIPPER JONES'
Old 07-17-2007, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
basically he is offering you five guys that aren't as good as your three, and hoping you look at it and say, 'durrr five is more than three and LOOK CHIPPER JONES'

[/ QUOTE ]

The [censored] thing is, is that it actually worked to the point that I considered it. Maybe I have been up for far to long and almost made a critical mistake in a fantasy league. That or I'm just not very smart. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2007, 11:44 AM

Hanster-

You are basically making this trade to get Mauer. You stated you have doubts about Abreu and that you aren't even sure you'll start Cuddyer. Then why trade for them?

A healthy Mauer is much better than Jojihma, but that's not the case. Like NT stated, Maeur's leg is going to bother him for the rest of the year (and hopefully lead to a position switch soon). The improvement from Jojihma to Mauer is not worth the hit you take going from Braun and Victorino to Abreu and Cuddyer (or Lowell, who you also said you wouldn't start if you got him). I wouldn't trade these 3 players, but if you insist on it, then get full value.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:37 PM

i think mauer might be fine, he's a stud, but it's something you should at least have in the back of your mind. it's also something you should bring up in negotiations to lower the price if need be.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:42 PM

just posting here so I can complain about Chris Carpenter.

that is all.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

that is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't get too bummed out yet. He was ahead of schedule, so this set back just pushes him back to his original return date of mid-August. Assuming they don't find anything seriously wrong; this is starting to feel like 2002 with Kevin Brown all over again.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

that is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't get too bummed out yet. He was ahead of schedule, so this set back just pushes him back to his original return date of mid-August. Assuming they don't find anything seriously wrong; this is starting to feel like 2002 with Kevin Brown all over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, Will Carroll seemed pretty pessimistic. he always thought the Cardinals projected return date was overly conservative, so I'm not sure he was that much ahead of schedule. here are some of his excerpts from yesterday in case you didn't read it:

Carpenter came out of his third rehab start with pain and stiffness in his pitching elbow, then had swelling in the elbow the following day. Sources tell me that all the symptoms were very similar to what he was experiencing before the bone spurs in the elbow were removed.

This one's going to get a big 'wait and see' stamp, though it's safe to say that Carpenter's late July/early August return date is now going to be pushed back, perhaps significantly.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:01 PM

I've read a couple of things that indicate the condition in his elbow may be arthritic. That coupled with the fact that the Cardinals may become sellers at the trade deadline point to a potential shut down. There's no point in pushing Carpenter back if they are out of it. That being said, if he shows improvement over the next few days and the Cardinals can keep the defecit inside of 10 games, Carpenter should be back early to mid August.