Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Coworker slapped retarded kid in front of mother (TR)

During the summer I work at an elementary school. It's basically like daycare; parents drop their kids off in the morning and pick them up on their way home from work.

One boy named Jason, an 11 year old, is mentally retarded. I'm not sure what his deal is exactly. To give you an idea of his situation, he has to wear a diaper at all times because he isn't always reliable at getting to the toilet on time. He can't speak, although he often will say the first sound of whatever word it is he is trying to say (ie if he wants a ball, he would go "buh, buh" and point.) But he can understand other people fine. He communicates a lot with his hands, and he always has a hand on you (on your arm, shoulder, whatever) when he's trying to communicate with you. Very touchy-feely.

One of my coworkers, Sharon, is a short, obese black woman. As you might guess from that description, she has quite a large set of breastesses. It would be these very breastesses that lead to the following unfortunate events.

Yesterday afternoon (Monday) Jason's mom showed up to take him home. She asked Sharon and me how the day had been, if Jason had been any trouble, any accidents, etc. As we are speaking, Jason walks up from behind Sharon. And as he normally does, he reached out a hand to touch her. But this "touch" turned out to be a firm grasp of Sharon's right tit. Surprised, Sharon let out a quick yelp, and without thinking, turned and nailed Jason in the face with a powerful left handed slap.

Jason fell to the floor and started crying. His mom dove to the floor to help him. I quickly assumed a position in between Sharon and the mother, just in case she tried to strike back. Sharon started crying after she realized what she just did. Various profanities spewed from the mother's mouth as she gathered Jason and his belongings, and they left. Three other kids were in the background and witnessed it all.

Now, I was standing right there the whole time, and I can say with extreme confidence that there was nothing punitive about Sharon's slap. It was a complete mistake. Someone grabbed her tit, she did what seems like a natural reaction and slapped the grabber. Also, her tears afterwards show how sorry she was and that she didn't mean to do it.

Also, in reference to the boob-grab: to me, it didn't look like your average Billy Madison slip-in-and-out boobie feel. This really was a firm grasp. Obviously Jason wasn't trying to grab her in a sexual way; he just reached for something and happened to get a handful of teat. You could argue that Sharon should have known better than to slap anything that grabs her chest, simply because she works around kids all day. And I'd probably agree with you. But I can definitely see the situation from her perspective.

We had a chat with our boss afterwards, who told us that she would keep us posted of any communication she has with Jason's family. I, personally, would be skeptical of any lawsuit type stuff simply because it's tough to imagine Jason being seriously injured from that, but you never know. I doubt he will return to our school for the rest of the summer.

I wasn't going to post this originally, but then decided it might make for an interesting read. Yay or nay?

Probably going to sleep soon but I'll get to all questions eventually.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Coworker slapped retarded kid in front of mother (TR)

Kids probably just faking it so he can grab boobs, I did pretty much the same thing for most of my early twenties.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:03 AM

I feel bad for everyone involved.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:04 AM

[censored] situation for both sides, update the thread if antyhing happens with it
Old 07-31-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel bad for everyone involved.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-31-2007, 02:16 AM

if i was ran the place that chick is fired. its doesn't really matter what her intentions were or whether or not the mistake was innocent, if you are going to work around retard kids you have to be capable of not making that mistake, ever. i really think it takes a particular mindset.

there wouldn't be any malice about the firing at all either, i wouldn't be happy to do it. to echo previous posters, i too would feel bad for everyone involved.

i fully except to be in the minority here but i wouldn't tolerate this kind of mistake.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:18 AM

Did you atleast try and rub her tit better?
Old 07-31-2007, 02:21 AM

I for one am tired of the leniency with which our society treats retarded kids. Sharon should sue for sexual harassment.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:26 AM

pics of large black woman's breastesses please.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:35 AM

Sharon should have already been fired.

If you work around kids all day your reaction to anything should not be violence.

Its a bad situation and if Sharon is a good employee then her boss should give her a good recommendation but under no circumstance should she be allowed to return to work.