Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2007, 03:49 AM

Default Stud H/L 3 to a low straight flush, with cards dead

Don't play much stud, but I do occasionally play in a micro-limit HORSE or HOSE tournament to broaden my horizons and blow off some steam. This hand is from one of those. First Stud H/L round, single-table tournament. Did I play this right? I'll only through 5th street, you'll see by then that everybody is pretty well committed to the hand, and results don't matter as much to me as figuring out how to play this game.

Tournament - HORSE - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level V (80/160), Ante 16 (converter)

Seat 1: 1,960
Seat 2: 1,950
Seat 3: 2,454
Seat 5: 1,492
Hero: 1,658
Seat 7: 220
Seat 8: 2,266

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

I have the bring-in with the 3 in the door, and 3 to a straight-flush and low. I made a full bet and called a raise. Despite seeing three of my hearts on the board, is this right? The raiser is the only other player who could have as many as 3 to a low at this point.

4th Street - (9.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises

Another heart is dead, but I picked up a 4-card OESD, and 4 to a nut low. This feels like a strong hand, but should I be worried about the heavy action I'm getting here (considering I don't have a made hand yet), or happy for it?

5th Street - (10.70 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls

I've got a made 75 low, but Seat 3 might have the same or better. Also picked up a 4th heart, and still have an OESD. But now the guy with KQ is coming alive and betting agressively instead of just calling. This street pretty much commits me to the hand, so the rest of it probably doesn't matter much. I'll post it later if requested.