Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 02:16 AM

Default STAT POST: my first 10k hands at 1/2

This is my first 10k hands at 1/2, the one thing that sticks out to me is my PFR is low compared with my VPIP. Guess I should be raising with some more hands or playing less hands not sure which is better. I'm pretty comfortable with that VPIP at this level, I'm sure I'm gonna have to tighten up as I move up. Comments please on anything anyone notices.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:01 AM

Default Re: STAT POST: my first 10k hands at 1/2

You should be about 30/20. So raise more and don't ever limp unless 2 or more already have. Don't call raises in the sb, either 3 bet or fold.

Postflop is very hard to tell from stats but you're WSD is low but at that level it's probably about right. As you move up you have to open it up as players are more agressive and also you're in a lot of HU situations postflop so naturally your opponents have weaker hands so MP is a fairly good hand as opposed to 4 ways in which it's crap.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:01 AM

overall it looks good. Maybe you could steal a little more and see some more SD. Maybe you fold BB to steal HU a little to much. What really strikes me is that you almost never c/r flop, you always seem to wait until turn, why is that?

Also you fold quite a lot on flop, maybe you can peel a little more. Your AF is pretty optimal overall but because you never raise flops your flop AF is a little low compared to your turn AF.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:44 AM

At these stakes it's alot of multiway pots, so my thinking is checkraising on the turn where the bet is bigger nets more money. Probably a flaw in my thinking, but that's my thought process behind it.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At these stakes it's alot of multiway pots, so my thinking is checkraising on the turn where the bet is bigger nets more money. Probably a flaw in my thinking, but that's my thought process behind it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you'll also kill some action since a c/r on turn shows much more strenght and if you only c/r with made hands on turn the better players at your level will not look you up. If you also c/r with draws on turn your play is balanced but you only have one card to improve and it will cost you more if you get looked up, and you must often bet river UI to follow up your semibluff.

I think waiting for turn is fine against calling stations that don't notice that you only c/r strong made hands but even at 1/2 I think you give up value in the long run if you don't mix it up.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should be about 30/20. So raise more and don't ever limp unless 2 or more already have. Don't call raises in the sb, either 3 bet or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop spreading this 2+2 garbadge.

It is crazy talk, 30/20 stox clones are not for everyone.

OP: I think you are running good, I think your probly playing well though if the games are how you describe.

JT
Old 09-19-2007, 09:48 AM

Whats a good post flop agression number? I feel like if I get above 2 I start spewing to much.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats a good post flop agression number? I feel like if I get above 2 I start spewing to much.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a serious note. It depends on your style and on the games you play. Some posters are succesful with an AF around 1.6 (Miles I think) and some are succesfull with an AF close to 2.5.

One thing I am pretty sure of is: The higher the stakes the lower your AF should be.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I am pretty sure of is: The higher the stakes the lower your AF should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard this before and I can't really relate to it. Moving up from microlimit to 3/6 my AF or WR hasn't changed at all. The reason for that I think is that at loose-passive games at very low limits you don't benefit from raising with draws very often since it's often multiway on the flop (given you don't have equity to do it)and noone is folding a pair or better anyway. As you move up you can c/r more with draws and get folds when you're HU postflop but you also meet more agressive players that you call down more. It seems to me that those factors take out each others and the total AF don't need to differ very much going up in stakes.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:16 AM

As the stakes gets higher and more pots gets HU your AF gets lower since you can profitably call more and check more (bet less).

Also at higher stakes you should generally fold less.

I think thats the reason that most experience that their AF lowers as they move up.

FWIW I dont think the differnce between 0.5/1 and 3/6 is that big. Its mostly when you get higher than 5/10. But then we are not talking small stakes anymore.