Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: haha

Indifferent between raising and calling on the river in the first spot. Need better player reads to sort out the indifference.

Against a solid player I had plenty of hands on, I could definitly fold for the final bet. I normally can't get inside a 40/20's head, so as a default I would call.

I remmeber folding a set of 6's in an enormous pot at a live ring game getting something like 24 to 1 in a situation where it seemed even more obvious than this that I was beat.. Only to have 2 of the remaining players turn over 2 pair, and the other having a busted straight/flush draw that decided to raise the river on another flush card. Since then I have never folded a good hand in a 20+BB pot unless I knew every player in the hand was a solid player in an emotionally good state.

You were at the table though, you saw how these players play. Only you can make this judgement call. I'm sure you knew before posting this that you would get criticized for the fold. If you don't know the players that well, it was a bad fold. If you did, 2+2 will tell you it's a bad fold, but no one can really knwo unless they were at the table with the players themselves and know what you know.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:01 PM

21to1 on river call, and fold? Sorry, mistake.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I give credit. If someone gets there with J9 and decides he's going to check 3-bet with the 100% worst hand then he deserves to have me fold AJ. Holla.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like that Nissan Versa commercial where the guy looks at the camera and says, "I like that."
Old 04-28-2007, 03:26 PM

I might call Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the flop as SB. I don't see how you can say that the fact that he'd call with backdoor draws on the flop means he would 3-bet the river after I 3-bet preflop, bet the flop, call the turn checkraise, and raise the flush river.

Also the comments that you wouldn't raise if you couldn't fold to a 3-bet are confusing. Do you guys really expect SB to check 3-bet here often?
Old 04-28-2007, 04:57 PM

Say miles,

You make the case that a generic LAG isn't much likelier to have J9 after this particular sequence than a known solid player. Heisenb3rg and others are saying you need a read to count out a 2-5% chance of clueless behaviour.

I happen to agree with your fold, but I'm curious as to how you'd react (in theory, not in practice) to the following variations.

CO bets, you raise, SB calls, CO 3-bets. Implied 23.5:1.

Same action as the original hand but your AJ transforms into 99.

Same action but SB has been playing back at you a ton HU.

[ QUOTE ]
I like that Nissan Versa commercial where the guy looks at the camera and says, "I like that."

[/ QUOTE ]
Youtube?
Old 04-28-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO bets, you raise, SB calls, CO 3-bets. Implied 23.5:1.

[/ QUOTE ]
In theory, fold. In practice, call and get angry.

[ QUOTE ]
Same action as the original hand but your AJ transforms into 99.

[/ QUOTE ]
Plays out differently because I would 3-bet the turn. If I misclicked with 99 on the turn, I still think the river is a fold to SB's 3-bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Youtube?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDO_xVtWU78
Old 04-28-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDO_xVtWU78

[/ QUOTE ]
I like that!
Old 04-28-2007, 06:22 PM

I mean, it's awesome that Miles was 'right' about this hand, this fold can't be plus EV, especially when you factor in the tilt equity of him showing some jank while scooping the pot that one time in X that he's making a move with XX...
Old 04-28-2007, 06:26 PM

How can you say it "can't" be the right play? I'm good maybe 1% of the time. You're all poker cavemen living in the big pot stone age.

edit: Did ILOVEPOKER929 see the river check/3-bet?
Old 04-28-2007, 06:28 PM

i dont like this at all, folding 1 bet for 21, i think we are def good more than 5% of the time here, it also shows people can push u around, i dont like this