Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: TheVOid DQ\'ed? (Xpost)

[ QUOTE ]
gp send an email for sure, I'd lay 2:1 you'll get at least your entry fee back

[/ QUOTE ]
what i said was more of a theoretical question type thing, i was actually 50 away from the money i think
Old 10-15-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
from what i've heard, ZJ did not get any money back from stars ($3500 was taken or something smallish) but that he did get all his money back from party (150k+)

[/ QUOTE ]
The money seized in his account, but not the winnigs from the tournament he got caught multitabling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe with stars they took all of his winnings that he won while playing multiple accounts.

The total was not much.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:01 PM

If they only catch the winner I'm really gonna feel like this is a failure though. I'm not saying this for Ray's sake either. There had to be multiple people and to not catch more than 1 find a little ridiculous. In there biggest tourney of the year this should have been one of the main focuses.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:09 PM

More to the point, if the crime committed is multi-accounting, by definition there should be 2 'people' disqualified, no?

OT

ps - yes, I do realize that the 'other' accounts may have finished outside of the money, but I would have figured the email from Stars would have said something along the lines of 'all related accounts'...
Old 10-15-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they only catch the winner I'm really gonna feel like this is a failure though. I'm not saying this for Ray's sake either. There had to be multiple people and to not catch more than 1 find a little ridiculous. In there biggest tourney of the year this should have been one of the main focuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, they aren't going to go after those people because there aren't large sums of money at stake. The only reason they went after TheV0id is because immediately after winning there were rumors of him being a multi-accounter, and of COURSE Stars looks into the huge wins.

They don't really have any incentive to go after the guys that barely cashed or didn't cash.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:15 PM

The incentive to show that they're doing their best to keep the field level for "the average poker joe" should be enough. Exposing and banning any and all multi-accounters, winners or not, would be more of a deterrent for all those considering it in the future.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:17 PM

its certainly a step in the right direction, if multiaccounters cant risk coming first in these tournaments anymore, that takes a lot of the reason to do it in the first place away
Old 10-15-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, they aren't going to go after those people because there aren't large sums of money at stake. The only reason they went after TheV0id is because immediately after winning there were rumors of him being a multi-accounter, and of COURSE Stars looks into the huge wins.

They don't really have any incentive to go after the guys that barely cashed or didn't cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, this would included somewhere closer to the top 100 in the tournament then and at least the top 45.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the void busted me two spots away from the bubble, but i get nothing ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Support,

I had heard the rumors that perhaps The_Void was a 2nd account of someone and blah blah blah. Now I heard that you guys have finished the investigation and determined he broke the rules, and his prize money will be redistributed.

Since I went relatively deep in this tournament, this was kind of good news to me, as I figured maybe I'd make some more money. I then read that everyone is simply moving up a spot on the pay scale.

To me, this does not seem fair.

Now, the person who got 415th place makes $2998.00 more than he had. ka$ino in 2nd place takes home an additional $677,548! However for all of us who cashed in an arbitrary (meaning non payscale bubble) spot, we don't make anything more. How is that fair?

I understand that this is your decision and it's almost certainly final. I know that this e-mail will not make you guys change your decision on how to distribute the $1.378M. I am mostly just curious why you think that is the fairest way to redistribute the money.

Wouldn't it be more fair to say, take the $1,378,330.50 and pretend like that's a whole new prize pool? And then 2nd place (who got 9.35% of the initial prize pool) would get 9.35% of the $1,378,330.50. And so on down the pay line. The problem with this is that you would be left with 18.39% (first place percentage) of the initial first place money. But you could simply do the same thing with that 18.39%. This would probably have to happen about 5 times or something until you are left with an arbitrary amount of money not worth distributing proportionally (say, $1). This way EVERYONE who cashed makes more money, and it's more indicative of their performance and luck from the tournament.

Again, I don't expect you guys to overturn your decision, I just want to know why it's fair that many of us who cashed get NONE of the redistributed $1.3M and others get respectable chunks of it simply for happening to land on a payscale bubble spot when they busted?

Sincerely,

A slightly upset Xaston

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. It would be a little easier to simply divide each person's winnings by 81.61%! (100% - 18.39%)
Old 10-15-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, this would included somewhere closer to the top 100 in the tournament then and at least the top 45.

[/ QUOTE ]

ye right ...i wonder how many cheaters were in that mtt.
I hope stars see the entire 415 guys ip to see if there is somenone else...and what you say is not fair, only because for you if i kill one person and receive 20k for the job im not punished, but if i kill 10 and receive 200k...i should be investigated...

I dont know how stars is going to solve this, but everyone who played the event, even who didnt cashed must receive $$, only because they were cheated....and i didnt play it.

Another thing...did he had a sister or not? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread