Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 06:37 AM

Default [NL 10] AA on paired flush-board

Hey!

<font color="blue">
Villain is like 15/0 after 24 hands.
Do you like the small turn bet, and should I bet on the river?
After the flop, I think he probably has a set or a fd.
The turn seems very passive for a set or a flush, but his stats say he's passive, and what else could he have here? Maybe a pp, right?
So do you think I'm ahead here, and should I bet?
</font>

Party Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

MP1: $1.80
MP2: $6.64
CO: $1.75
BTN: $11.87
SB: $9.90
BB: $16.41
UTG: $9.88
Hero (UTG+1): $14.75
UTG+2: $1.50

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG+1)
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, 7 folds, UTG calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.15) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.80</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $2.40</font>, Hero calls $1.60

Turn: ($5.95) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, UTG calls $2

River: ($9.95) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero ?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Re: [NL 10] AA on paired flush-board

This does look an awful lot like a mid-PP, but I'm usually checking behind here. Very small possibility of AQs, which is the only hand that you beat and is still calling a value bet. You already have a BI-sized pot with a vulnerable two-pair hand. Why get greedy here? Or am I just a super-nit?

-red
Old 11-09-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: [NL 10] AA on paired flush-board

Value bet would basically mean putting UTG AI cause he has only like 5 bucks left at this point. What scares me a bit is villains flop raise which could easily be a set but does not necessarily has to be one, he could also do this with an overpair, maybe a pair of sevens giving him an gut shot draw along with an overpair. I can't see a made straight here.
If he had a flush draw on the flop and made it on the turn, he would have either raised the turn or donked the river I guess. If he had a set and now boated up I think he would've also donked the river as this card would look scary to you if you made a flush instead on the turn and he would've been afraid to lose value here. So the only hands that make sense to me here would be AhQx, KhQx or KhKx, maybe something like QxTh or QxJh as well as the already mentionend 77 stuff.
What I want to say is that I don't see a hand that he could play this way that has you beat, so I think I'd go for a value bet here.