Titan Poker $0.05/$0.10 6 max

No reads on villain its about his 8th hand

UTG (Hero) = $21
MP = $9.65
CO = $6.20
BTN =$7.85
SB = $10.40
BB = $11.60

Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero raises to $0.40, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB re raises to $1.20, Button Folds, Hero calls

Flop ($3): 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets $1.80, Hero calls

Turn ($6.60): J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets $3, Hero Calls

River ($12.60): A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets $3, Hero folds

I dont particularly like the way I played this hand Comments appreciated on all streets and pre flop.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Tough decision with 66

Without a read i like a fold preflop even with position, its too thin to look for a set and you could be way behind that 3bet. Opening utg shows a decent amount of strength and he still wants to 3bet oop, doesnt seem like a great spot. As played, i think i'd raise the flop.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:19 PM

Maybe i'm too tight, but i fold preflop. 66 doesn't play well after a big raise from the BB. as played, calling was the worst play you could do on the flop and turn, imo. without any reads, i would have probably raised it up on the flop to see where i was at. if he has overcards he's going to fold in that spot and if he has an overpair he's going to shove back.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:39 PM

say i re raise on the flop what do i do if he just flat calls? what range of hands do i put him on?
Old 10-09-2007, 12:43 PM

You definitely have to raise the flop here--maybe up to $5. If villain calls, you shut down unless you have pot odds to call. If villain shoves, it's an easy fold.

Turn call is awful. You're only getting ~3 to 1 pot odds to hit your OESD (~4 to 1 odds)

River fold is a given in this situation.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:59 PM

the call PF is marginal since you are readless.

I like a flop raise as well given you have 10 outs and that is a decent draw.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:05 PM

I would just push the flop. This maximizes your fold equity, and if he calls you have a lot of outs. It's also quite possible that your hand is best at the moment (he might have AK/AQ)
Old 10-09-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would just push the flop. This maximizes your fold equity, and if he calls you have a lot of outs. It's also quite possible that your hand is best at the moment (he might have AK/AQ)

[/ QUOTE ]

pushing sucks b/c of the massive size of an overbet that it is and only gets called by better hands...
i raise flop and if called and i donīt hit i let it go
you donīt have the odds to draw
Old 10-09-2007, 01:11 PM

i can't think why he would flat call you if you raise the flop.
his pre-flop 3-bet usually means AK,QQ+.so either he is folding to your flop raise or shoves.
if you raise to $5 and he shoves it will be for $5.40 more to get over $23 so is an easy call having 10 outs.
if you get a flop like this one and don't like this line you should better fold pre-flop.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
say i re raise on the flop what do i do if he just flat calls? what range of hands do i put him on?

[/ QUOTE ]

obv, if he calls, you're going to have to re-evaluate on the turn, but by raising on the flop it gives you an additional advantage. you're in position and a vast majority of the BB's range will check the turn. This will allow you to possibly take another free card on the river without committing any more money. I can't say for sure what the Villains range would be, since we have no reads on the player. I'd say his range is still the same as before, but eliminates some of the more marginal holdings. he'll likely only have a premium hand here like 10-10 through AA, most of the time, though less with AA, KK or QQ, seeing as facing a raise right here they would likely just push.