Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (10/2 - Day 6)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like we have a new Scott Lazar.

Haha.

Not quite that bad I guess. I've always liked Scotty, but what an amazing donk off of a lot of chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who thought Scotty's play during the last two hands was fairly standard?

In the AQ hand, he checks knowing he's going to reraise Hilm all-in. Hilm can't call without a very strong hand - which he did have.

On his bust out hand, Scotty got the flop he wanted and put maximum pressure on Hilm, who happened to catch TP.

You might make an argument for Scotty not getting involved with this hand pre-flop, but it still looks like basic tournament play to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last hand was standard late tournament play by a short stack and no problem with that. The AI move with TPTK against one of the bigger stacks was a reach but he's not ever laying down AQ in the SB folded to him and I have a feeling we would have seen all the money get in there regardless.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:08 PM

Even if you can call these plays "standard" in a vacuum, I'm pretty sure that Scotty was off his game and that Hilm had got in his head somehow. I also don't really like the way he played either hand.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if you can call these plays "standard" in a vacuum, I'm pretty sure that Scotty was off his game and that Hilm had got in his head somehow. I also don't really like the way he played either hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. They are standard in a vacuum and I agree that at the FT bubble for the ME he could have played those differently. And I agree with you about Hilm getting in his head.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 AM

Tran has some good qualities, but overall he's a jerk. He needs to learn to STFU when he is not in a hand.

Also, is he really the the voodoo non-math type of player that it seems from these highlights?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lon when it is AA against AK and the flop comes A-8-8..it doesn't "all but do it" it does it. For some reason Lon thought the turn card ended that hand. Weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Running 8s would chop.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:19 AM

is this television show on the internet anywhere yet?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:58 AM

I actually didn't mind the way Yang played. Obviously the big part of his game is bluffing people out of better hands, so that gives him a bit of leeway with the cards he plays. If you're able to read weakness, then top pair with any kicker is good, if it even goes to showdown.

Say what you want about his hand selection, but he really managed to get into people's heads, especially when it came to final table, and that's what won him the tournament.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:41 AM

Has anybody heard what level Yang usually plays?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anybody heard what level Yang usually plays?

[/ QUOTE ]

3-6 limit, and i don't mean $300-$600.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilm tilted Scotty somehow. Scotty blows up and busts out of the ME for no good reason. Hilm must have ticked off Scotty by playing ultra-aggressive in many hands that didnt make the telecast. Then Scotty basically slow-rolled Hilm on the all-in call when Scotty had 9s full. Hilm then was ticked off at Scotty and did that whole stand up and act nervous act when he had trip 8s. Scotty even cursed and told him to sit down in the future (if he wanted Scotty's chips).
Anyway, Scotty did tilt and blow up. You dont win that way. Oh well.