Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Regulations are out

[ QUOTE ]
i actually read a bit more and they propose that keeping an updated list of unlawful internet gambling businesses is NOT RECOMMENDED due to the costs involved...another good thing.....i know some were waiting of the sky to fall with these regs, but i have to be honest with you, after reviewing the document, i feel as though a 2+2er was one of the parties involved with writing this document.....very non descript and no teeth whatsoever.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's all say a prayer for all the people who pushed for and passed the Paperwork Reduction Act.

I had kind of hoped they would suggest a working list so we could fight that issue as I know how to defeat that one with the OMB.

D$D
Old 10-01-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i actually read a bit more and they propose that keeping an updated list of unlawful internet gambling businesses is NOT RECOMMENDED...

[/ QUOTE ]

Round 1: Ex-Attorney General 1.............John Kyl 0

Old 10-01-2007, 02:25 PM

Default O/U on the reg costs.

OK since I've been on the other side of the reg writing deak perhaps no one would take my bet on the estimated cost of the little 52 page missive from the Federal Government we are all reading.

Given my read on the reg I am willing to make book on the estimated cost to prepare the document prepreation costs todate.

I'll tally the various bets and amounts and set odds.

Any takers?

D$D
Old 10-02-2007, 09:26 PM

Sorry I haven't been able to read this whole thread. Can anyone please provide the cliff notes?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I haven't been able to read this whole thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you could start now?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:51 PM

TE, I think that we will accomplish more with a coordinated stratedgy and comments. If all of us submit comments on our own, they will be confusing and at cross purposes at times. Of course, anyone can submit any comment that they desire. But I think that the online poker community is best served by a coordinated effort. And I think you have the best polictical knowledge to lead this effort.
I like your post about overblocking the best and I have drafted one that proposes a formal definition of unlawful Internet gambling or some suggested examples as an alternative to a formal definition. I'll post it and my proposed comment on the list of UIG businesses tomorrow for all to review.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TE, I think that we will accomplish more with a coordinated stratedgy and comments. If all of us submit comments on our own, they will be confusing and at cross purposes at times. Of course, anyone can submit any comment that they desire. But I think that the online poker community is best served by a coordinated effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I suggested posting them here first. That way, we can all comment. Hopefully PPA will have talking points out this week. I also have other requests for comments out. With these, we should be able to determine where we aim to end up.

[ QUOTE ]
And I think you have the best polictical knowledge to lead this effort.
I like your post about overblocking the best and I have drafted one that proposes a formal definition of unlawful Internet gambling or some suggested examples as an alternative to a formal definition. I'll post it and my proposed comment on the list of UIG businesses tomorrow for all to review.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I see overblocking as a big threat, so I wrote my comment specifically to not possibly be contrary to any other interest we may have. Hopefully we'll have more data on how best to comment on these regs soon.

I look forward to seeing your proposal.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I haven't been able to read this whole thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you could start now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you could just summarize it for me?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:53 AM

Could this be used to our advantage???

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12337323
Old 10-03-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could this be used to our advantage???

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12337323

[/ QUOTE ]

Community banks were some of the most vocal opponents of the UIGEA before it was passed; they had the balls to take some stances that the big guns didn't. And some of those banks are in trouble now because of the subprime mortgage crisis. Still, I think it's a little bit of a stretch; from the average bank's point of view, these regulations are more a nuisance than some kind of financial sinkhole.