Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2007, 07:42 PM

Default 200NL, Tough spot two buyins deep with QQ

Villain is 24/20 with a 28wtsd over only 40 hands which isn't too significant. We are two buyins deep.
<font color="blue"> </font>
Poker Stars, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $132
BTN: $449
Hero (SB): $410.85
BB: $248.40
UTG: $65

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8</font>,

Okay, obviously we 3bet here but since we're deep we need a plan for the hand. How much do we 3bet? How do we respond to a 4bet being OOP and without much information about this opponent? <font color="blue"> </font>

<font color="red">Hero raises to $32</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $24

Flop: ($66) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $44</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $126</font>, Hero ????

Villain called my 3bet pretty fast preflop and then took about 20 seconds to raise on the flop. My first instinct was to c/c this flop and then see what happened on the turn. Then I thought more about it and realized that there aren't too many good turns for me and he just may be aggressive enough to multiple barrel if the turn is dangerous and blow me off my hand. This led to some hasty thinking on my part and I led into him and had no idea how to respond to this raise.

The board is very drawy but being so deep I can't possibly see being ahead if we go to the felt. My gut preflop told me that there was also some chance that he was flatting with KK+ and planning to raise any flop since we were deep but again I can't be certain of this.

First, what do you do with the hand as played?

Second, after thinking a lot more about the hand my best guess is that c/c on the flop is correct but I'd like to see what you guys think as well. If you do recommend a c/c, what do you do on the following turn cards?

A) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
B) T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
C) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
D) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
E) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance this was a very tough spot for me and I'm looking for some insight from you guys.