Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 06:02 AM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

It pleases me that people better at the interweb and more competent than myself are giving this a lot of their time and effort. Some of the hands in the HH are "wow".
Old 10-15-2007, 06:04 AM

marimba,

yes that is one of a number of hypotheses of what exactly took place
Old 10-15-2007, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It pleases me that people better at the interweb and more competent than myself are giving this a lot of their time and effort. Some of the hands in the HH are "wow".

[/ QUOTE ]

like this one

*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to AUTOSMOKE [9d 5s]
Dealt to OBV_DONK [6d Qc]
Dealt to POKERME420 [Ac 4h]
Dealt to BLANCONEGRO [3h 10h]
Dealt to CLOVER777 [8s 10d]
Dealt to SMOOVESTEELY [Kh 9s]
Dealt to SCARFACE_79 [6c 8h]
Dealt to POTR0AST [Jc As]
Dealt to POTRIPPER [Qs 3s]
SMOOVESTEELY - Folds
SCARFACE_79 - Folds
AUTOSMOKE - Folds
OBV_DONK - Folds
POTRIPPER - Raises $1600 to $1600
POTR0AST - Calls $1600
POKERME420 - Folds
BLANCONEGRO - Folds
CLOVER777 - Folds
*** FLOP *** [9h 6h 6s]
POTRIPPER - Bets $2800
POTR0AST - Calls $2800
*** TURN *** [9h 6h 6s] [3c]
POTRIPPER - Bets $5200
POTR0AST - Raises $10400 to $10400
POTRIPPER - Calls $5200
*** RIVER *** [9h 6h 6s 3c] [5h]
POTRIPPER - Bets $6000
POTR0AST - Calls $6000
POTRIPPER Collects $42560 from main pot

Unfuckingreal.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hacking into the servers and getting access to this file/ the data input for this file (computer illiterate, if that makes no sense I'm sorry!) makes soooooo much more sense than some super-user account, no? Looks like a whopping great big hole in the security if this file has less encryption than the hole-cards being sent to each individual computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I appreciate the kind sentiment, my comments neither rule out (nor rule in) a super user account or hackers.

The point is that clearly, the data of people's hole cards is stored somewhere. The fact that this XLS file exists proves this.

It is also obviously not possible to generate the hand (ie, deal the deck), delete the data, and then recompile it later. If the data exists in the first place, and it exists at the end, it must also continuously exist at every point after the hand is dealt.

Thus, there logically must be a file where this data is stored. This file must be stored on Absolute Poker computers.

At this stage, it still is unproven* how the cheaters access this file on Absolute Poker's computers. I don't know whether it is more frightening that either someone has hacked into the system from outside, or it is an inside job.

[ QUOTE ]
As I say I'm no computer whizz but I read what josem wrote on the absolutepokercheats blog and this seemed to make so much sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks.

*while I it remains unproven, the existence of account 363 seems to suggest that it is likely to be an internal Absolute Poker account that can access this file.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

*while I it remains unproven, the existence of account 363 seems to suggest that it is likely to be an internal Absolute Poker account that can access this file.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think it's anyone accessing a specific file, I think the hypothesis is that account 363 is an account that logs into the absolute poker client, just like any other account, except that account 363 can see every hand dealt at any table the account is observing.

I believe the most likely scenario is that the account was created during the initial testing of the absolute software, and has always been an account under the control of absoulte. For some reason the account still exists, and someone, possibly a disgruntled employee, a hacker, or just some scummy higher-ups in the company, uses the 363 account to glean hand information while actually playing on a number of other normal absolute poker accounts (potripper, graycat, etc). The person or persons behind the scheme obviously have very little poker experience, because of their complete inability to hide the fact that they were able to see everyone's hole cards. As many of us have said, if the account fell into the hands of someone reasonably intelligent, no one would have ever been able to figure it out.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some people have said that AP traffic has not been affected so far. I think it has at the higher limits, but based on the amount of players in general, AP will probably survive, albeit with less profit, and the others will probably do even better.

[/ QUOTE ]

They keep growing, it's nuts. I just logged on a second ago and it's the most traffic i've seen in awhile. Bear in mind I haven't logged on in a couple months, but still.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't have AP on my computer, how much of this volume is like micro or small stakes though? do big games run often, and are the high buyin tourneys still growing in entries? bc obv the alleged cheaters are only going to be after big $.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I traded off my money a couple months ago (it is probably in Cheaty McCheat's hands now as it went to BZ and a couple others that play mid-hi stakes, sigh) but as of right now, 5:48 CST time, there are a dozen histakes LHE and NLHE games going right now and an absolute (<-lol) ass load of mid-small stakes games going. Seeing as this was always a dead time (US player base mostly) I assume there are histakes games running round the clock now. There's even a few people sitting at the razz tables which is a total rarity.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some people have said that AP traffic has not been affected so far. I think it has at the higher limits, but based on the amount of players in general, AP will probably survive, albeit with less profit, and the others will probably do even better.

[/ QUOTE ]

They keep growing, it's nuts. I just logged on a second ago and it's the most traffic i've seen in awhile. Bear in mind I haven't logged on in a couple months, but still.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't have AP on my computer, how much of this volume is like micro or small stakes though? do big games run often, and are the high buyin tourneys still growing in entries? bc obv the alleged cheaters are only going to be after big $.

[/ QUOTE ]

traffic @ 5/10+ is more or the same as it was pre-scandal. why i still play there:

[/ QUOTE ]

Play more 3/6 and you won't have to worry about the cheaters ldo, ducy? Nice winrates all around.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Re: lolz super accountz *DELETED*

Post deleted by Gildwulf
Old 10-15-2007, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone can convert the hand histories to Full Tilt or Pokerstars format (including headers) then you can post it on the hand replayer at http://www.runittwice.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Can we ban this clown shoes? Every post he makes is a shill for this site.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If someone can convert the hand histories to Full Tilt or Pokerstars format (including headers) then you can post it on the hand replayer at http://www.runittwice.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Can we ban this clown shoes? Every post he makes is a shill for this site.

[/ QUOTE ]

CHECK ME OUT BABY
Closed Thread