Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Fold set of queens with ace on board?

Villain has been raising a lot of hands preflop. Is this an easy fold?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $42
CO: $322.55
roggles: $135.40
SB: $75.50
BB: $99

Pre-flop: (5 players) roggles is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $3.5</font>, roggles calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($11, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">roggles raises to $24</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $90</font>, <font color="#cc0000">roggles ???</font>
Old 10-01-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Fold set of queens with ace on board?

i think so,222 is really unlikely after his pfraise,you have qq,maybe if hes super aggro hed reraise you here with sth like AKQJ or AKQT..but i would probably fold this.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:55 PM

It is far from an 'easy' fold. What does "raising a lot of hands preflop" mean? Did he stay aggro postflop? What has he showndown in previous spots?
Old 10-01-2007, 07:03 PM

It means raising almost every hand out of all positions except blinds in the last few orbits. He did not stay as aggro postflop. Didn't cbet on drawy boards and folded once to a raise from me. Unfortunately not observant enough to watch showdowns
Old 10-01-2007, 07:22 PM

I don't see how anyone can answer this better than you that was at the table. Either he has it and you're in terrible shape, or he thinks you raised him cause you're tired of him pushing the table around.

Based on what you say about villain I just shove this.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:27 PM

Does anyone raise to 7 or 9 preflop and try to find out if he has aces? I assume his 4 bet range is narrower than this initial raise range. I probably get allin then laugh at guy when back flush hits.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:01 AM

whats your table image? have you ever won the pot with two pairs in this game?
i fold there 60% of time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how anyone can answer this better than you that was at the table. Either he has it and you're in terrible shape, or he thinks you raised him cause you're tired of him pushing the table around.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does OP say?

[ QUOTE ]
It means raising almost every hand out of all positions except blinds in the last few orbits. He did not stay as aggro postflop. Didn't cbet on drawy boards and folded once to a raise from me. Unfortunately not observant enough to watch showdowns

[/ QUOTE ]

As I thought more about it, this is looking more and more like a set of aces for villian. Hero points out that villian is not aggro post flop which means that AQ is unlikely for 3 bet range on a dry flop. Also the fact that hero has middle set reduces likelihood of TTP.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:44 AM

i stacked off this morning with middle set on a ace 7 2 board but i was also holding one ace wich made the likelihood of villan having top set........he did. i told my friend if i dint have the ace in my hand, i would fold 70% of the time to this villan who is a very standard player.

i say in your case, if you ever saw villan take the same line with top 2, then stack off. if not, fold.

arrrrrgh, its so sick to fold there. espeacially to a maniac.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does OP say?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I thought more about it, this is looking more and more like a set of aces for villian. Hero points out that villian is not aggro post flop which means that AQ is unlikely for 3 bet range on a dry flop. Also the fact that hero has middle set reduces likelihood of TTP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying, but I couldn't fold there if opponent is raising so much pre flop.