Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 04:27 PM

Default 3/6 Double-gutter backdoors small flush - how many bets on river?

3/6 Limit 5 players

Notes on Villain include defending blinds with J2o, limping anything on the button, check-raises TP or better on flop, floats flop with Ace-high multi-way and will fire air on turn/river when checked to. Oh and he's Mexican. Betting is uncapped on river, and though my flush is small, a higher flush for him wouldn't really make sense given his aggressiveness up until then, so should I put all my money in if possible?

UTG limps, Villain raises, Button folds, SB folds, I call with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], UTG calls.

Flop 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, UTG checks, Villain bets, I raise, UTG folds, Villain 3-bets, I 4-bet, Villain 5-bets, I call.

Turn Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, Villain bets, I call

River A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, Villain bets, I raise, Villain 3-bets, I 4-bet, Villain 5-bets...
Old 09-03-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Double-gutter backdoors small flush - how many bets on river?

I probably just call the 3-bet. Like you said, he doesn't have many hands that could have better flush than you, although 93s, or k9s certainly could be in his range?

Also, is even the worst players putting 5-bets in no the river without at least some kind of flush, much less the nuts?

Upon further thinking, I feel like he definitely has the flush with 9 or clubs. I mean, crazy aggro villains often think top pair is teh nuts, then he happens to luckbox a runner runner flush.

Just my $.02

*edit - forgot that he raised pf, so that obviously takes 93s out of the equation. i still think he someone has flush with 9 of clubs
Old 09-03-2007, 05:05 PM

WTF are you doing on that flop? You're OOP so you can't take a free card and it sounds like you have 0 folding equity against this villain.

You consider yourself a fairly rational human being right? And this guy sounds pretty crazy. You ended up with a flush on the river so him holding a flsuh is definitely not out of the question. How many bets you should go should be easier for you to determine than any of us, but I'd probably call the 5-bet and feel pretty sick about it.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:06 PM

Yeah K9cc is the only hand that can really beat me here IMO, he isn't going to go nuts with T8cc, and K9s is a fairly marginal raise after a limper preflop though justifiable at 5-handed I guess.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:10 PM

I probably should have added that he is generally passive preflop. If he was so crazy as to raise any 2 preflop and 4-bet a BDFD on the flop I would have said that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, I c/r to try and get him to either fold overs or call and fold an unimproved turn card.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:18 PM

The way you describe him it doesn't sound like a good plan to try and force him to fold. Also it doesn't explain your 4-bet, that's just crazy imo.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The way you describe him it doesn't sound like a good plan to try and force him to fold. Also it doesn't explain your 4-bet, that's just crazy imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you guys think it's silly to put him just on K9 of clubs or some other random clubs hand? AA/AK/QQ/77/99 all should be considered me thinks, I don't see why he automatically has a flush or puts me on a flush on the river.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:50 PM

I'm talking about your flop 4-bet, sorry if that was unclear.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:56 PM

flop is total spew

river: call the 5-bet, don't raise any more, the 4-bet in itself needs a RLLY strong read, 6-betting would be near-to-insane
Old 09-03-2007, 08:34 PM

mexicans play T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] this way all day. you got taken to valuetown, puto.