Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: rogue mods again

[ QUOTE ]
His MySpace puts him in Albany, OR.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know he lives in Portland. I lived there for a while and we had talked about the city a lot.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:43 PM

Albany OR is about 70 mi south of Portland, just south of Salem. It's not inconceivable that he's either moved south a bit or hung out in Portland a lot, since it's probably cooler than Albany.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:44 PM

I thought the prevailing rumor was that he found a girl and was off being in love and ignoring the internet.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:49 PM

It certainly might be. I did send him a "Hey, are you alive?" sorta message on MySpace. I did notice he had a few really cute girls posting to his blog. Hopefully he's doing well.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:15 PM

mods,

Who gave greg nice his custom title?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know Jeremy's real full name? I'd think using that you could do a pretty good search of public court records and obituaries/death notices/whatever to figure out if either of those two is the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone can get me Jeremy's full name, and his DOB, I can find out whether or not he's in jail.

Edit: I see we've got his full name further up, anyone have his DOB?

Edit Edit: Although, I've had some long conversations with censored on IM, and I just don't think he's in jail (that doesn't necessarily mean he's dead either), but I'd be really surprised if he did something so serious that it caused him to get arrested and get put in.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know Jeremy's real full name? I'd think using that you could do a pretty good search of public court records and obituaries/death notices/whatever to figure out if either of those two is the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone can get me Jeremy's full name, and his DOB, I can find out whether or not he's in jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

nov 27, 1975
Old 05-31-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nov 27, 1975

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, thanks, I'll see what I can turn up.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:26 PM

A couple quick notes,

1) A brief scan of the "who's online" listing for custom titles yielded about 35% custom titles with notes, 65% without. I'm sure some of my oldest titles are un-noted, and some of these are clearly old. However several of the notes included comments from other mods saying "Who gave this guy a custom title?" This is pretty sad. There really shouldn't be custom titles without a note on some guy with a page and a half of notes about what a [censored] poster he is. Personally I'm all for nuking such custom titles, especially if they are only a regular poster in your forum and you've had nothing but trouble from them. (I speak specifically of Snowball, a bbv regular.)

2) Man I hope Jeremy is OK.

3) If I could choose only one thing to change the power of the moderators, it would be that we would be able to perform "IP checks" for ourselves. I don't need the ability to do an IP ban, but it would be really nice to be able to figure out who trolls are, quickly, and not have to keep either a mental or physical list of IP addresses you've had trouble with previously. I find that dealing with people with 73 accounts is incredibly annoying, whether they are outright trolling or doing lesser garbage, it would be nice if the hundred of us could access this information without having to go through the 2 admins.

4) (3) said, if there were a way of making a handful of "mod pluses," who would have some admin like powers but not all, I think that would make things easier.

5) While I'm honored that someone said I would make a good admin, and think I would do a fine job, and think that at least one more person of the above mod level is necessary (2 bosses for 100+ mods?! there's just too much rote clerical stuff and such for that to make sense...), I couldn't do it if it was wanted of me. I just don't have the time these days. I would gladly help out as a "mod plus" or something, but I wouldn't be able to put in the hours I'd feel were required as an admin.

6) Mat, I'm glad you liked my previous post. I'm undecided if I really need to write up more than I put there to say what I think about stuff, but at some point I probably will.

7) Woo final exam completed, nap completed, Wii ordered, Job as researcher at the Becker Center offered, ship it.

c
Old 05-31-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be discussing it with Ryan. I welcome pms on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have about 100 mods but virtually no tools in your software for monitoring their actions.

No amount of new admins is going to fix this fundamental problem. You've outgrown the security features of the current software and that is all there is to it.

The good news is the problems you have been experiencing are basically trivial. It's amazing when you think about it that you have managed to assemble a hundred strangers over the internet and the mischief they have been creating is so insignificant.

You guys really are a good group of people.