Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Stars - 2 Hands vs ALotOfAction

Wether or not he ever calls us with a worse hand in the second hand is not important.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:13 PM

looks like a possible back door flush in hand 1, in which he had a pair of Kings on the flop. like AK diamonds possibly.

Hand 2 is meh, I don't hate it but he'll definitely call you with AK here.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:28 PM

Hand 1 : I would 3bet him pf everytime and as played, this is standard
Hand 2 : I really don't like the push as you can't really be representing AA KK here, which is what you try to represent (unless you know that BB will squeeze a good amount of time and that he knows that you know)

btw, Alotofaction is a good player, he's a bit too aggro but he still is a big winner in this game
Old 11-15-2006, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calling in the 2nd hand looks like a huge spew. Are you worried at all about the players behind you?
If you are not confident enough to 3bet this lag with AQ then fold and leave the table IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wether or not he ever calls us with a worse hand in the second hand is not important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Risking $400 to pick up $150 when we are almost always behind when called, and called often, is not a very good spot.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Risking $400 to pick up $150 when we are almost always behind when called, and called often, is not a very good spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what's important. I got the impression from OP that opponent is a habitual squeeze abuser, so how do you figure we're getting called here often?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:56 PM

I have AlotofAction at 30/27 over 1k hands, so he's definitely very aggro. I'm curious what others have him at.

Hand 1 is close, but I'd fold. I expect him to second barrel King-high flops a fair amount, especially with hands that picked up draws, such as 45, or a diamond draw. The problem is that both got there. Also, the King is not a diamond, so Kx of diamonds is still in his range.

Hand 2 depends on UTG. If he's a nit, it's a clear fold. That's the only player Alotofaction should be concerned about calling his squeeze. If he views UTG as having a tight range, his range tightens up as well imo. I also think he's comfortable calling with suited connectors, 2-gappers, small pairs, etc., and doesn't always feel obligated to squeeze. So my first inclination is to fold hand 2.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:59 PM

crazy gambler moving in over and over again with the worse of it, tilting a huge amount of money everyday I dontīt know how can someone lose to this guy.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what's important. I got the impression from OP that opponent is a habitual squeeze abuser, so how do you figure we're getting called here often?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I think he is calling here with almost all better hands that he has squeezed with, including pocket pairs that aren't necessarily very good.

Let's assume he calls with 88+ and AQ+. I have no idea if this is accurate. We have 36% equity against this range, so each time we are called we lose around $100. Each time he folds we win ~$150.

So it is not as bad as I thought. If he squeezes reraises in this spot 10% of the time and calls half the time it is very slightly profitable.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:15 PM

hand 1 3-bet pre. given you called, postflop looks standard. hand 2, i'd probably fold, but pushing isn't terrible. i don't think it's good, but given the money already in it's not bad.