Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2006, 06:01 AM

Default standard way ahead way behind hand?

no stats on villain
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 01-24-2006, 06:08 AM

Default Re: standard way ahead way behind hand?

"Grunch"

Villain could have KK here and you would be way behind, but AK is also a possibility. I see AK capping preflop all the time at microlevels. I would probably have raised on the flop here to get a clearer view of where I stand. If villain just calls he probably only had pair of kings, but a reraise would make me rethink where I stand in this hand. By just calling on the flop is hard to know exectly where you stand.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:38 AM

I think when you check after the flop it signals to Villain that you have something fairly decent but something that hasn't been improved by the flop, maybe AQ, QQ or whatever. Seeing as he obviously has a good hand, he was bound to raise.

You don't get any information since his action was quite predictable even without the flop. Raising here would have told you something and forced his hand. YOu might think you are playing safe by checking but it cost you a big bet anyway since he raised - something you could have predicted.

It's easy to think that you might be losing and that seeing the turn for cheap might offer you a way out. But against a raiser you are not seeing anything for cheap.

In retrospect it might have been better to raise first and then consider folding if he re-raised.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:51 AM

grunch

Let's say his capping range is AK and AA-JJ. There's 3 ways to make KK, 3 for JJ, 6 for QQ, 6 for AK, and 1 for AA. With you c/c on all streets I think he would play the same way with any of these hands, which makes you a 2:1 fav against possible holdings. I'd c/r the flop, call a 3-bet (or cap maybe) and lead out the turn (no matter what it is) and then go from there. I just don't think you can put him on KK because he capped PF, that's way too narrow.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:53 AM

You can't slow down on this board. If he doesn't hold KK or maybe KJs if he is very aggressive pre flop, you have the best hand. Bet, bet, bet!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:00 AM

At the very, very least, absolute, rock bottom minimum you should have bet the river.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:08 AM

Id bet out on the flop.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:34 AM

I would check/raise the flop and call down if he 3-bets or pops me on the turn. The way you played it i think you should bet/call the river.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:48 AM

I think this is a case of MUBS.

AK - 6 combos
KK - 3 combos
QQ - 6 combos
AA - 1 combo

You're ahead of 12, behind 3, and tied on 1.

I would have raised the flop. Not for 'information' or to 'see where I am'. It's because I think I have the best hand. And I'd keep bet/raising until he capped the turn.

KO