Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 10:38 AM

Default JJ on a dangerous board.

Hi, this is my first post on these forums, and I was hoping I could get peoples opinions on this hand. As I've only just registered I am not overly familiar with etiquette etc, so if I've missed anything important out of my post, apologies in advance!

So to the hand, this happened last night to me, the villain had only just come to the table, so I didn't really know anything about him, I think this maybe was the third hand he was involved in, but the other two he had played quite aggresively.

The things I don't like about the way I played this hand are, firstly raising to 0.5 pf, this was actually a mistake and i meant to raise to 0.4 but I my mouse was playing up and I was going to run out of time.

On the flop my bet was ok I think, and I was expecting a call from someone who had a club and then I could put him all on the turn if a 4th club didnt come. Instead he minraised, should I fold to this bet?:

Party Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 10 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $7.75
UTG+1: $2.03
Hero (): $11.28
MP2: $2.75
MP3: $4.24
: $2.10
CO: $3.34
BTN: $1.64
SB: $1.80
BB: $7.72

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero ()
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, folds, MP3 calls $0.50, 5 folds

Flop: ($1.15) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, MP3<font color="red"> raises to $2</font>, Hero?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Re: JJ on a dangerous board.

Hi, i am also new here.
There is a full-ring forum, playing JJ in early possition on a full-ring is good topic for that forum.
To your hand: That is not really a good flop for you, i would bet .75 and resign if he calls or raises. But maybe i play too weak.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:09 PM

Ah thanks, I'll repost it on that other forum.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:48 PM

OP has probably moved over to the FR forum by now, but I found this to be a fairly interesting hand. Assuming this was 6max, hero was in CO, caller was OTB, how would you guys play this hand?

My thoughts are that is would be so weak to just fold to the min raise, but there is an OC, coordinated board, and we have very little chance of improving here. Against and unknown who just sat down what would you do on the flop?

Lets say you called; now the turn bricks 3d or w/e, what's your move then, how much if anything are you calling if you check?