Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 08:20 AM

Default At what point would you take a small edge

I have been having a discussion with a friend regarding AI play early in MTTs;

Lets say we have a real donk at our table who just loves to go all in, at what point would you gamble with him if we know our equity in the hand was in the 60-65% range. I know it would be dependent on other factors but how many BBs would you gamble, if you lose you are out.

I feel anything over 50BBs I would consider folding, am I wrong to be passing up edges like this early in a tourney when I feel I can out play them on flops etc?
Old 09-22-2007, 08:34 AM

Default Re: At what point would you take a small edge

dont think id ever pass up a 60-65% edge knowingly

ill probably fold 55% with no dead money if i had about 3x average stack, assuming the average is still over 50BBs

btw, if you're that good to pass up 60-65% edges because you're that good on flops, you're wasting your time playing tournaments, play cash
Old 09-22-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Re: At what point would you take a small edge

My main game is cash games, although lately I have started to play a few MTTs. I have had some situations come up where I have had great equity in the hand but ended up losing. I`m just thinking that if your the 1 calling the all in do you really want to be gambling 60/40etc if your going to get knocked out. I also read something by SamH that said you don`t want to be pushing small edges in MTTs & this makes sense to me.

If u make this call twice in a tournament knowing that you have an edge , but you are out if you lose, then you should be out. The situation is completely different if you are the one who puts all the chips in first.

Hope I`m making sense [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]