Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: I live in poker hell, please help

for what its worth I live in Vegas yet I play more online than I do live. Why? The money is better, I get more hands in, and I dont have to watch paint dry on the walls in between hands.

With that said I still play live a lot. In fact I probably split my time equally even though I know playing live nets me considerably less so its not the most efficent use of my time.

In short for those who poo-poo the idea that the OP should play online, I think your making a mistake. There is room for both online and live play combined in balance.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:13 PM

Doesn't really seem like we "me in particular) are throwing online by the wayside. It just seems to me that he's looking for specific live play options. Anyone with a pulse realizes that online exists and is the easiest option when it comes to finding a game, I have to assume OP didn't post hoping to be told that online was his way out.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for what its worth I live in Vegas yet I play more online than I do live. Why? The money is better, I get more hands in, and I dont have to watch paint dry on the walls in between hands. I played live this Sunday that passed and I almost passed out the table from boredom and drunkenness(LOL). However, I do like playing live here and there. I find it more sociable. If you don't want to drive 6hours out of your way you should try the internet. Try try try again until you win. I haven't let go and now I'm a winning player and probably in a couple more months I'll be rolled hopefully for 2/5NL or 10/20 limit.

With that said I still play live a lot. In fact I probably split my time equally even though I know playing live nets me considerably less so its not the most efficent use of my time.

In short for those who poo-poo the idea that the OP should play online, I think your making a mistake. There is room for both online and live play combined in balance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-20-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for what its worth I live in Vegas yet I play more online than I do live. Why? The money is better, I get more hands in, and I dont have to watch paint dry on the walls in between hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT, you do realize that the paint is already dry by the time you enter the cardroom right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] That's why they put TV's with lots of sports on so you have something to do between hands! That and to get you to bet on said sports in the process. Btw, why aren't poker rooms having the betting kiosks installed yet?
Old 09-20-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT, you do realize that the paint is already dry by the time you enter the cardroom right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] That's why they put TV's with lots of sports on so you have something to do between hands! That and to get you to bet on said sports in the process. Btw, why aren't poker rooms having the betting kiosks installed yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

because poker room management have their thumbs up their asses?

Id rather watch paint dry then sports on TV. I never watch tv while playing live, its distracting; instead I spend my time hand reading, or sneaking peaks at Gambling Times (a fantastic newspaper if you havent read it yet)