Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which?
Forum chooses a song for us both to parody, the rest is up to us 12 80.00%
Forum chooses a theme for the parodies, but we choose our own songs. 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: uNL odds quiz

Hand 1: Call for set value because button is likely to call as well.

Hand 2: Call. While villain may be doing this with a set, I feel this is more of an Ah Kh shove and we're about 50/50 in that case.

Hand 3: Call. BB has shown that he is pretty bad, he has something like A9. With 2 over cards and a queen high flush draw, I call here.

Hand 4: auto fold

Hand 5: Fold. UTG has a big pair and BB is showing up with a set most of the time (2 pair maybe? idk). We're not getting good enough odds.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Great post, so much fun.

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree. People should know how to do this esp. since sites have the handy "total pot amount" somewhere on the table unless you're stupid enough to take that off. If people can't do that and add/multiply/divide they deserve to lose every penny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, this is uNL. The fundamentals are learned here. Pot odds are one of those fundamentals.

[/ QUOTE ]people should learn those in the beginners section, not in here.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Great post, so much fun.

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree. People should know how to do this esp. since sites have the handy "total pot amount" somewhere on the table unless you're stupid enough to take that off. If people can't do that and add/multiply/divide they deserve to lose every penny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, this is uNL. The fundamentals are learned here. Pot odds are one of those fundamentals.

[/ QUOTE ]people should learn those in the beginners section, not in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's appropriate here.

/end hijack
Old 08-08-2007, 01:07 AM

Ok,

Hand 1 is an easy fold, both SB and BB need to be real tight to call here.

Hand 2 really depends if the villain has a high heart or not as it changes our equity dramatically. I assume his push shows that he probably does not so I call and hope he has AKs or black aces.

Hand 3 is a textbook call against an idiot, nothing we can really do here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hand 4 is wtf, I am out of here.

Hand 5 looks like BB slowplayed a high pair too, so I call. I really dont want him to show up with 88, but whatever [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Donks are never good hands from bad players.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:14 AM

So hand 1 is a fold? Even if button will call?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:18 AM

Ye.

Problem with this is, say SB has QQ - he is not stacking off if an ace flops. If he has AK, he is not stacking off on a rag board, etc. So in the best case scenario your usually only stacking one of those guys who also fit the flop. You need to be like 150 deep in my opinion to call here.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:25 AM

I am having troubles with hand 1. There is 20 in the pot with effective stacks of 41 after the re-raise. From an implied odds standpoint we are getting 6 to win 61 giving us 10:1 odds. The rule of thumb I have always used is make sure your getting 10:1 on these hands. Am I being too optimistic about getting the villains stack here?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:29 AM

Hand 1: Lots are saying fold, some saying it's even an easy fold... I don't understand why it's such an easy fold... Isn't it an easy call? Assuming we have to flop a set to win, (which is a very safe assumption), we are going to flop a set 12% of the time. (Slightly less than 8 to 1). With $6 to call, that means the pot plus implied odds (before our $6 go in) needs to be greater than $48. The pot is presently $21, and if the button comes along it hits $27. Having position on the SB (the origianl raiser) as well as the BB (the caller), it's safe to say that more money is likely to go into the pot before our next decision has to be made. If a c-bet is even half the pot, we will hit $48 almost every single time. Therefore, the pot we win 1 in 8 when we make our set, will be at least $48 pretty much every time. Not to mention often times when we hit our set we will in fact stack our opposition. This hand seems like an easy call to me.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:36 AM

Yes, too optimistic. Position in 3bet pots gives you very little. And while you are "maybe" "barely" getting odds to hit your set, you dont account for the cases when your gonna get coolered or sucked out in a 4 way pot.

In your best case scenario, your gonna loose 20 to 30% of your sets to a flop all in. This does not even account for the cases when there will be a set vs set situation on the flop.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:47 AM

Thank you, I will definitely need to think more about calling 3 bets with pocket pairs.