Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: sick JJ hand deep 10/20

I'm pretty tempted to just call the flop.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:05 AM

my standard would be to call flop
Old 08-05-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty tempted to just call the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

this would be my standard as well.

as played, man, [censored]. seems like such a great spot for him to have any Ks hand, assuming you have to play ridic straightforward to a flop 3-bet that deep. i can see KsKx semi bluffing with that sweet blocker (obv knowing that you shouldn't have QsXs). or AoKs doing the same. it would be sick on his part, but if he's a thinker etc, he can put you to a ridiculous decision here.

obviously you'll see three aces quite a bit of the time. in conclusion, i dont' [censored] know, but i think tens is a snap fold and aces a snap get it in.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:42 AM

As played it looks like a fold. It's kind of hard to believe he's going to be bluffing like this in a reraised pot... although your read kind of implies he is capable of doing so.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
aisle,

Am I missing something? Why didn't you include any flushes in that range?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, good point. Not sure how I missed that. Still, we have 34% equity or something against a flush anyways unless he has KQss which I already included, so I doubt it affects our equity a ton.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont get this hand--this should be an easy call/allin with fistpump. you realize you have the nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

i usually like your posts a lot, but think this is terrible...
Old 08-05-2007, 04:15 AM

I would shove here. If we are 38% against TT, AA, and KQ as someone posted, then i think we can profitably scak up and shove here. The fact that several good posters feel fine about mucking here makes me feel like a lot of people must find it profitable to make this 3 bet with AxQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], KxK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Qx, Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], possibly more hands of the like with what they know have a lot of outs to the nuts. I mean if they think there is even a chance that you muck second set here here, your definitley mucking top two making it sooo much more attractive to play a decent made hand + nut draw super aggressivley. Weighting these combos is super difficult obviously, but at the same time you can argue that AAA would want to see a blank turn before getting you in lot since there are fuckton more combo's of a straight or flushes and a lot less of JJ, TT. The more i think about it, the more i think push>fold by a pretty decent margin.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:18 AM

do people not realize its usually a pretty terrible raise to 3k with tt by villain?
Old 08-05-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do people not realize its usually a pretty terrible raise to 3k with tt by villain?

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually don't think they do
Old 08-05-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually don't think they do

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't fully understand this. This means that the villian is correct to fold to the raise on the flop(I don't see how he could just call oop, but maybe). With the description of previous action between these two players 4-handed, isn't tt way ahead of hero's range, plus the fact that the threebet puts the villian to a tough decision with any small flush or other made hands, even kq.

This is really the best hand we could have here, except for kqs because there are no other combinations of nut flush. With any King of spades here, the villian is probably correct to press as well due to the previous action between the two. His threebet puts us in a tough spot with a lot of marginal made hands, but this is the best one we could have here and against an aggressive player, I think his range includes a lot less made hands with just the K of spades. His reraising range includes at least a certain percentage of the time KJ, KQ, AK, KT, etc with the king of spades and with all of these hands he is likely to threebet and put us to the test. Fold TT here probably, but I think this situation is a must shove.