Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Straight and Flush hand...what do you guys think?

Loose live 2-5nl game. I have about $700 in front of me, in the BB with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] There is a lag on the button who loves to raise his button. 2 limpers, button raise to 25, sb calls, I call.

Flop:

Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet out 25, awaiting a raise from the button with hopes of trapping the limpers in between. Sure enough two callers, and then button makes it 75. I reraise to 200 straight. SB folds, and 1 limper calls, button folds.

Turn comes K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, remaining player pushes all in. Remaining player is a "reformed maniac" who used to play LAG but now is more or less a TAG. Now what?
Old 02-16-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Straight and Flush hand...what do you guys think?

reraise to 325 on flop

as played call...i can't see u folding a flush here on a non paired board with that much money in the pot. higher flush makes a lot of sense on his part but i think you're good enough of the time.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:14 AM

You didn't indicate stack sizes. Yeah, I think a slightly larger raise would be good. I would say to 250? or so.

On turn you have to push. I am gonna go out on a limb and say you lost this hand to maybe AJ of hearts? Either way, pushing this turn is correct. Pocket 8s was probably coming along for the ride as well when you reraised the flop.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:22 AM

I had about 700. Button started the hand with about the same, the remaining player who set me allin had me covered, probably had about 1500 at the beginning of the hand.

I called and got shown A2 of hearts.

Looking back on it, the flop raise was probably too small. And you are right, i am going to call anyway if he pushes with a bigger flush, and if he has a set he might check the free card looking for his boat.