Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Best AC Character?

I met patches way back when i was a freshman in college and he was a cook at my school's cafeteria in 1994(true story). We played basketball a few times...then the next time i ran into him was a few years later when he was a dealer at the diamond club in nyc and i had just started playing poker.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But this thread begins and ends with Fonzi.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my limited AC experience, this is 100% correct.

Margo and I spent about 25 hours playing with him, and he said easily 6 of the 10 most ridiculous things I've ever heard at a poker table. Among them (we were playing 20/40, btw):

"You can take your probability and shove it up your ass." (after turning a gutshot against me or something)

"I've won 15 consecutive sessions."

"Before they kill you, they promote you..." (in reference to some guy he knew who got whacked in a Paris hotel)

He also accused Margo and I of colluding like every twenty minutes or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fonzi would also always insist on putting up the time-pots, and then regularly tried to collect time after time was already paid. I really enjoyed making sure to keep track of all the time pots, and then calling him out when he tried to collect after it was already paid. I'm not sure if he was cheating, though, or if he was just living in a completely different reality from the rest of us, because he would really insist on his memory of events even after everyone at the table told him that time was just paid dammit.

What really captured for me the huge breadth of his delusions, though, was when at different points in the day he seriously likened himself to the martyr St. Alphonse, and then to Alphonse Capone. I really think he probably is diagnosibly insane, not sure what with, but man, what a character.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What really captured for me the huge breadth of his delusions, though, was when at different points in the day he seriously likened himself to the martyr St. Alphonse, and then to Alphonse Capone. I really think he probably is diagnosibly insane, not sure what with, but man, what a character.

[/ QUOTE ]
once upon he told a few people at our table that he use to be an alcoholic, but one day he saw jesus. literally saw and spoke to him. he was serious.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:09 PM

Cliff notes at bottom

This is a no brainer. Pechanga by a long shot. Guy is a friggen maniac and is always good for the game. I got a funny story about him. About 2 days after I turned 21 Me and a couple guys went and stayed at the Borg for a 4 day poker binge. I brought around 2500. 3rd day there is a Saturday and I'm playing 5-10 but on the list for 10-25 when one gets going. After blowing like 1500 at bare exposures and more at blackjack i' still have around 3 G's when they call a 10-25 table. May i add I have never played anything higher than 6-12 limit live before, but since i'm such an action junkie i'm like fukkit let's do this. I decide to play 2500 and leave me 500 for the rest of the trip. As you can imagine i'm playing real tight. Way out of my comfort zone. Guys are buying in for 20 G's and such and this guy to my immediate right{Pechanga} is losing his ass off. About 2 hours into the game I have around $3500 in front of me and my friend is standing behind me sweating the game when the first significant poker hand that i will never ever forget for the rest of my life occured:

Pechanga posts the small, i post the big and the cards are in the air. It's folded all the way around and pechanga wont chop. I look down and see a beautiful 29 OS. Knock Knock.
Pot $50
Flop 2 4 9 rainbow.
Pechanga bets $100 i raise to $300 he calls.
Turn 8 completes the rainbow
he bets $600. I think well this guys a insane maniac and could have anything right now but i gotta figure he's beat so i raise all in. He asks for a count and doesn't even get the count before he throws all his bills in the middle and calls. My heart is pounding like a million beats a minute and he proudly flips over a 5 9 for top pair thats it. i'm like hell ya in my head and im about to win the biggest pot of my life. All im thinking is no 5 no 5 no 5.
The river: not a 5, i pump my fist and cant believe it. when the dealer pushes the board to show the winning hand.
Boeard 2 9 4 8 8
WTF i got counterfeitted. He wins with a mother fukkin 5 kicker for 7 thousand dollars which was all the money i had in the world. It felt so bad. I mean this guy didnt need that money and he played so horrible. Calling a like 1500 dollar raise with 5 9 from the tight young new kid at the table who hardly played a hand.

Cliff notes: Story of how i was introduced to pechanga. He puts a circumstantial bad beat on me for an at the time large financial loss that i will go to my grave remembering as the first significant hand of my poker career.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:43 AM

noone has played with pearson from the trop??? always sitting at the biggest game there, dresses mad colorful in urbanwear, black doode from brooklyn. luckiest human being ive ever seen. in about 3 hours i saw him flop 5 boats and stack cooler ass hands each time, i actually saw him stack off for like 150bbs with 45o preflop, cited "[censored] man in brooklyn u pay 600 dollas to see the flop man", as he raked in the 1k + pot. hes a live one mad funny.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jojo, the little black dude with the bald head who wanders around the Taj in his Dallas Cowboy jacket. When he's drunk he wanders around talking to himself, oblivious to people noticing what a character he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha jojo!! I see him around the Taj all the time, and lately hes been at Caesars. He sat down in my 1/2 NL game with $60 at Caesars and was drunk and started saying "I'm an american, this is a democracy" and all this [censored] over and over again. Someone raised to $15 preflop and hes like "damn thats a lot of money".

I kept messing with him and getting him to talk more. I told him he should buy in more so he can play $15 dollar raises. He tells me

"It's because of you people (white people) that we dont have any money, its capitalism"

WTF lol, wonder where he lives or does he sleep on the slot machines during the day
Old 02-07-2007, 02:58 AM

Oh, you guys know this guy JERSEY JIM. He claims he is the best player in atlantic city and plays 1/2 NL regularly at the borgata. Plays tight as hell, never seen him bluff before.

I can't stand this guy, he never shuts up. hes like 6'5" fat and always has all these gizmos and gadgets on him and card protectors on him, and tells all these stories about how he used to play stud with Phil Ivey and beat him...blah blah blah

I have actually changed tables when sitting down with him because hes that annoying to look at and listen to.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:42 AM

I was never a Rocco fan.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
noone has played with pearson from the trop??? always sitting at the biggest game there, dresses mad colorful in urbanwear, black doode from brooklyn. luckiest human being ive ever seen. in about 3 hours i saw him flop 5 boats and stack cooler ass hands each time, i actually saw him stack off for like 150bbs with 45o preflop, cited "[censored] man in brooklyn u pay 600 dollas to see the flop man", as he raked in the 1k + pot. hes a live one mad funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this guy. A character. Can't remember his name. Played one of the greatest hands in the history of the game. MP raises to ~ $20 and homeboy in the SB almost folds (2/5NL). Then someone says something and he reluctantly calls. LAG in BB goes all in for ~$200 and after original raiser folds homeboy instacalls. This got us all laughing since he didn't want to call for $20 but $200 he was definitely into it. Then after he wins with 45o he later says that the only reason he called the original raise was because he knew the BB was going to push. HE WAS SETTING A TRAP FOR THE BB WITH 45o!!!! He's the man.

Supposedly he plays some unheard of [censored] up games in Brooklyn for ridiculous amounts of money... but noone on the out can get in. Just for friends.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:52 AM

I'm all about the big irish drunk guy at the showboat... hilarious