Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Appropriate attempt to steal blinds %

I trying to figure out some my leaks and I was looking at my attempt to steal blinds stats. 35 is a pretty good number but at .5/1 it just doesnt seem to work that well. Im at 26.88. At .5/1 what do you all recommend for att to sb? I know this is an extremely important part of long term success, but at the level Im playing it seems like I should tighten up a little bit.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Appropriate attempt to steal blinds %

If you play well postflop, and if you choose seats well, then you can get that number to 40-50%.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:17 PM

Well I can't speak as an expert, but if it's folded to me on the button I'm raising any two 9 or higher, pocket pair or A. Maybe decent suited kings.

Actually if you have HEPFAP, there's a section on shorthanded that gives a guide on how to reraise w/ about 35% of your hands (and what to reraise with) if you're HU with someone who raises any two. You may as well just use that (I don't have it with me or else I'd share)
Old 01-30-2006, 07:31 PM

25 or so is fine at this limit. i mean how often do you even get a chance to attempt to steal the blinds at a 0.5/1 game?

on top of that the rake is a major factor in 2 or 3 way pots at the lowest limits.

just spend your time focusing elsewhere for improvement for now.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:08 AM

my attempt to steal is about 40%, I play 5/10, 3/6 and some 10/20 all shorthanded, its a pretty large part of those games. I haven't played non 2+2 .5/1 in a long time so I'm not all that familar with the games, but you prob should still get about 30% in, though its not a major part of winning at this limit

from the little 1/2 full and 2/4 full I played over the past couple months, I was very aggro from the CO and OTB .. the players will let you run them over, and you have position and initiative which are critical aspects to holdem. a lot of bb calls, c/f's the flop which is a lovely 1.25BB profit
Old 01-31-2006, 04:13 AM

I have played some 1/2 full ring at prima for bonuses lately. The tables are often like 20/8. I try to be careful with seat selection to get some weak guys to my left. This has given me a blind steal of 35% and I think blind stealing think this is one of the major contributions at this kind of table.
On the other hand, when I play 6 max 0,5/1 at Party which is a pretty insane game where the tables often are like 50/10 or better, I hardly ever get the chance to steal, and if I do steal the "success rate" is not very impressive. In this kind of game, trying to steal is not that important IMO and should be done only with reasonable hands as you quite often have to showdown your hand anyway.
Anyone knows how to find out the success of you steal attempts in PT? I mean the winrate from LP represent a mix of steals and normal hands.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:25 AM

In the general tab select "Filters ...". There you will find a box that says "Chance to steal blinds".